mmdtsdec binary on 64-bit systems

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
alxscott

mmdtsdec binary on 64-bit systems

Post by alxscott »

Hi,

I build and run MakeMKV on my unRAID server which is based on Slackware OS. The latest beta of unRAID has moved to 64 bit operating system, and the kernel does not support 32 bit emulation. Basically because the mmdtsdec binary links to the 32 bit library /lib/ld-linux.so.2 I cannot transcode any DTS tracks even with multi lib files installed.

Is there anyway to include a 64 bit version in the source files? Little bit out of my depth so apologies of the terminology isn't quite right!

Many Thanks
Alex
MI3Guy

Re: mmdtsdec binary on 64-bit systems

Post by MI3Guy »

I don't think that is possible as the dtsdecoderdll.dll file is a 32 bit binary. As a result, DTS-HD Decoding must be done in 32-bit mode.

However, it may be the case that installing 32 bit libraries fixes the problem.
kevmitch

Post by kevmitch »

Yeah, I think you're SOL on this one. Like MI3Guy said, the underlying dll is 32-bit only, and that's not likely to change any time soon. You might try rebuilding the kernel with the relevant option enabled, but then you're also going to need a 32-bit libc (/lib/ld-linux.so.2), which it sounds like you're going to have compile yourself. I hate to say it but a 64-bit-only distro is probably not the best choice for handling multimedia.
alxscott

Post by alxscott »

Well; thanks for all the input! Yeah... UnRAID is moving from being based on 32 Bit Slackware 13.37 to Slackware64 14.0. It's great as a server it's just a bugger if you need to tweak the OS. Might post over there and see if they can add the kernel config for 32 bit emulation!