Fatal Error on 1.8.12

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
computermike

Fatal Error on 1.8.12

Post by computermike »

Hi
I just installed 1.8.12 on Ubuntu 14.04, 1.8.11 and all previous worked OK. When I insert a blu-ray or start with one already there, the program pauses for quite a long time with the loading bars about 3/4 of the way across then shows a popup with "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" with no option but to quit. I only have the one blu-ray to test at the moment ("Cloud Atlas").
Mike
frawau

Re: Fatal Error on 1.8.12

Post by frawau »

Hi,

Just tried the same thing here.

- Ubuntu/Kubuntu 134.04
- MakeMKV 1.8.12
- Cloud Atlas (US)

No problem here.

Try a

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
In makemkv-oss directory do
make distclean
make
sudo make install

Maybe it will clear up your problem.

Cheers
computermike

Post by computermike »

Thanks, I have now waited until I could get hold of some other blu-ray discs to test. It does the same on all blu-rays. DVDs play just fine, so it is (probably) not the drive. I have not installed or removed anything (except standard ubuntu updates. I do not have any other software that will play blu-rays directly so I can't test that unless I can find something. I tried a re-make to no avail.

Mike

p.s. just checked - makemkv acts the same with DVDs which I can access ok with other software. It is definitely MakeMKV 1.8.12 which is the problem.
computermike

Post by computermike »

another update: reverted to 1.8.11 and everything works OK, so quite definitely a problem with 1.8.12

Mike