Source File '/BDMV/STREAM .... corrupt or invalid at offset

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
highlanderhcs

Source File '/BDMV/STREAM .... corrupt or invalid at offset

Post by highlanderhcs »

Ok. Something is telling me my deencryptor portion of MakeMKV is not working correctly. I'm running ubuntu 14.04 and just reinstalled 1.9.0 thru the PPA. I've tried to install thru compiling manually, and then the buildMakeMKV.sh script and now the PPA. All 3 give me the same result.

Source File '/BDMV/STREAM .... corrupt or invalid at offset ###########, attempting to workaround

The #'s do change after 20 or so repeats, but I've tried with a few different blue rays that rip just fine under the Windows version of MakeMKV but not linux. I've gotten it to work fine under linux before I upgraded from 12.04 to 14.04. All my other programs seem to work fine but MakeMKV.

Anyone else run into this issue? Gremlins 1 and 2 and Raiders of the Lost Arc do all the same thing. They get about 5% into the rip and then do this. I thought I've been patient as I know BD's take time to rip but I've let all of them sit for 3 days.

Thanks in advance
cknopp86

Re: Source File '/BDMV/STREAM .... corrupt or invalid at off

Post by cknopp86 »

highlanderhcs wrote:Ok. Something is telling me my deencryptor portion of MakeMKV is not working correctly. I'm running ubuntu 14.04 and just reinstalled 1.9.0 thru the PPA. I've tried to install thru compiling manually, and then the buildMakeMKV.sh script and now the PPA. All 3 give me the same result.

Source File '/BDMV/STREAM .... corrupt or invalid at offset ###########, attempting to workaround

The #'s do change after 20 or so repeats, but I've tried with a few different blue rays that rip just fine under the Windows version of MakeMKV but not linux. I've gotten it to work fine under linux before I upgraded from 12.04 to 14.04. All my other programs seem to work fine but MakeMKV.

Anyone else run into this issue? Gremlins 1 and 2 and Raiders of the Lost Arc do all the same thing. They get about 5% into the rip and then do this. I thought I've been patient as I know BD's take time to rip but I've let all of them sit for 3 days.

Thanks in advance
I had the same problem with prisoners, and what was suggested to me was just to clean the disc with some kind of cleaner. This did the trick after I cleaned the disc. Having said that, I am running into trouble trying this method on Pacific Rim. I've cleaned the disc, and bought another copy of the movie and cleaned it, and that has not worked at all. It gets about 50% done and then it starts with the attempting to work around stuff. I hope it works for, but just know it may not.