[SOLVED] makemkv cannot be compiled under Fedora Linux 21

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
hakayova

[SOLVED] makemkv cannot be compiled under Fedora Linux 21

Post by hakayova »

I believe it may be an openssl issue since the configure command in makemkv-oss-1.9.0 directory returns the following error:

Code: Select all

checking openssl/opensslconf.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/opensslconf.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/opensslconf.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/opensslconf.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/opensslconf.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/opensslconf.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for openssl/opensslconf.h... no
configure: error: in `/home/hako/Yazilim/makemkv-oss-1.9.0':
configure: error: openssl library header files not found
See `config.log' for more details
There is not much more helpful information in the config.log file but I can post it if it is needed.

Openssl version is 1.0.1j-1.fc21.x86_64

I looked into the autoconf documentation but coudln't figure out a modification to the configure file os that it would comply.

Thanks in advance for the response(s).
Last edited by hakayova on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: makemkv cannot be compiled under Fedora Linux 21

Post by Woodstock »

Did you install the development package for OpenSSL, or just OpenSSL?

Make sure the "-devel" RPM is also installed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hakayova

Post by hakayova »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is installed and the configure script actually detects it as present, but somehow the compilation does not continue, perhaps due to an outdated naming convention (my total speculation based on autoconf documentation I read).
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

A thought.... is the header readable by the user you're compiling under?

I've had libraries that can ONLY be accessed if you run the make as root. That might explain the "present but cannot be compiled"...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hakayova

Post by hakayova »

Yep, it worked. It configured, and also make and make install worked fine both for oss and bin directories. However, running makemkv returns the following error message:

/usr/bin/makemkvcon: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
There is indeed no such file in /usr/lib64 directory. Instead there is libavutil.so.54. I tried creating a symlink to this file and named it as libavutil.so.52 (ugly workaround), but it still doesn't work creating the following error message:

/usr/bin/makemkvcon: /lib64/libavcodec.so.55: version `LIBAVCODEC_55' not found (required by /lib/libmakemkv.so.1)
/usr/bin/makemkvcon: /lib64/libavutil.so.52: version `LIBAVUTIL_52' not found (required by /lib/libmakemkv.so.1)
Is the ffmpeg 2.4.3-2.fc21.x86_64 (installed version) not compatible with makemkv? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
hakayova

Post by hakayova »

I hate to reply my own post but I made it worked. I deleted the compiling directories, re-extracted them form the tar.gz archives and re-compiled from scratch. Then it worked.

I guess this is waht I should have done at the first place. Thank you for the suggestions and I am sorry to have taken your time.