Stalling

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Jman5150

Stalling

Post by Jman5150 »

Since the last update it takes like 15 min for two disks to load up. It used to take like 30 sec or less each instance. Anything after 3 fails now. I even cleared out 40% of my drive thinking it was too full. Repaired, etc….tried everything.

Anyone else having loading delays since the latest update.
asmcom

Re: Stalling

Post by asmcom »

Jman5150 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:43 am
Since the last update it takes like 15 min for two disks to load up. It used to take like 30 sec or less each instance. Anything after 3 fails now. I even cleared out 40% of my drive thinking it was too full. Repaired, etc….tried everything.

Anyone else having loading delays since the latest update.
What happens if you uninstall and install previous version?

https://www.makemkv.com/download/old/

Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I sometimes do 3 discs at a time, but I've always put one disc in, wait for it to read the title, then move on to the next instance. That only takes a short amount of time for each disc (unless the drive can't read the disc at all, which happens occasionally).
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

dcoke22 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:47 pm
I sometimes do 3 discs at a time, but I've always put one disc in, wait for it to read the title, then move on to the next instance. That only takes a short amount of time for each disc unless the drive can't read the disc at all, which happens occasionally).
Hello dcoke22,

I would agree with your approach as we test 6 drives at a time on 6 x different workstations with various builds from Linux, MAC OS and Windows 7 forward.

We always look at the explorer / finder, and only when the title appears do we open MakeMKV. I know Billy uses this approach too. So, interesting we have all found this out from just experimenting. Actually, when we supply a drive to a customer, we put this in our guidelines

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387