Sierra 10.12.1 + MakeMKV 1.10.3 + XBOX 360 HD-DVD = hanging

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
turnkit

Sierra 10.12.1 + MakeMKV 1.10.3 + XBOX 360 HD-DVD = hanging

Post by turnkit »

Anyone have success still using Sierra 10.12.1 and MakeMKV 1.10.3 using an XBOX 360 HD-DVD (HDDVD) USB player?

I've tried an older Mac Mini and Mac Pro but MakeMKV says "processing titles" "remaining 17" hours. It seems to just hang.

Does the warning "It's highly recommended to install DASPI kernel extension to improve performance." mean I must or really should? Other places people said MakeMKV would say it's required but here it says "highly recommended."
campwalstep

Re: Sierra 10.12.1 + MakeMKV 1.10.3 + XBOX 360 HD-DVD = hang

Post by campwalstep »

Try after cleaning the DVD surface and lens of of the Xbox Optical drive with a cotton cloth and this should work pretty fine or check if the surface of Xbox getting to high temperature?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

turnkit wrote:Does the warning "It's highly recommended to install DASPI kernel extension to improve performance." mean I must or really should? Other places people said MakeMKV would say it's required but here it says "highly recommended."
Mike has said you should not install DASPI unless MakeMKV gives you that message. It isn't required when it gives that message, but it will generally better performance if it is.

If you don't get the message, don't bother - it's just overhead in the system.

As for the specific hardware combination, I'll leave that to people who have it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ricer23

Post by ricer23 »

Not sure DASPI will help. I just installed it and I'm still having the same issue.