encoding on my Mac

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
woodchip2bert

encoding on my Mac

Post by woodchip2bert »

As a newbie and very non tech person I have a slight problem with a dvd I ripped using MKV and Handbrake with the help of a very helpful guy who uses MKV but the audio only plays in stereo and not Dolby sound that I know is on the original disc. Is there someone out there that can explain in very simple terms if this can be achieved in MKV.
Woodstock

Re: encoding on my Mac

Post by Woodstock »

Without getting into advanced settings, you can verify that all audio tracks are selected by clicking on the little triangle next to a title in the left hand menu. This will expand the list to show all tracks, with check boxes next to them. The ones MakeMKV selected using its built-in rule will be checked.

It will look something like this, if all tracks are selected:

If you turn on advanced settings (Preferences->General, "Expert mode" checked), you can change the default selection rule in the "Advanced" tab that will appear in preferences. I use this one, which selects everything except 3D video:

Code: Select all

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
There is far more to the advanced settings than this, including profiles and better selection rules, but this should give you access to all audio tracks when you get to handbrake.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging