FATAL ERROR on open with Mac OS 10.13b1 High Sierra Beta 1

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
seven3five

FATAL ERROR on open with Mac OS 10.13b1 High Sierra Beta 1

Post by seven3five »

As soon as I open MakeMKV it shows my optical drive(s) opened in OS access mode then I get a popup that says "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." I'm going to assume this is just due to some code change/glitch in the beta. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anyway to assure that the OS is truly the issue?
CbsSolo

Re: FATAL ERROR on open with Mac OS 10.13b1 High Sierra Beta

Post by CbsSolo »

I am also having this issue on Mac OS 10.13b1 High Sierra Beta 1. A fix would be greatly appreciated.
CbsSolo

Post by CbsSolo »

I have tried previous versions of MakeMKV to no avail. I get the same error message on all of the previous MakeMKV builds.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

As with any early beta software, there can be incompatibilities. And, at this point, there is no way to tell if the problem is with High Sierra or MakeMKV.

Given that MakeMKV works with Sierra, though, I'd suspect a change in High Sierra. In addition to submitting a report here (and I suggest emailing any logs you have of the crash to support@makemkv.com so that Mike can see them), you need to submit the report to Apple, as well.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
seven3five

Post by seven3five »

Woodstock wrote:As with any early beta software, there can be incompatibilities. And, at this point, there is no way to tell if the problem is with High Sierra or MakeMKV.

Given that MakeMKV works with Sierra, though, I'd suspect a change in High Sierra. In addition to submitting a report here (and I suggest emailing any logs you have of the crash to support@makemkv.com so that Mike can see them), you need to submit the report to Apple, as well.
Sorry to ask such a noob question but where does one find the logs?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Searching Google for "locating sierra crash log" finds a lot of hits, which should work for you.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging