MakeMKV logo in my dock does not open MKV program

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Jaap B

MakeMKV logo in my dock does not open MKV program

Post by Jaap B »

I downloaded MakeMKV version 1.10.6 on my 27 "iMac with Sierra.
I also separately downloaded the Daspi section with the "open the box" install feature.
The BD ripping in general goes perfect. Even Taxi Driver which is obviously mastered in 4K (but not being a UHD 8K BD disk).
I also moved the round grey MKV logo to my dock below - but when clicking on the logo the MakeMKV program simply does not open. No reaction whatsoever.
I have to download each time MakeMKV 1.10.6 for Mac OS from the MakeMKV website in order to be able the program.

Please assist. I want to open MKV from my dock instead of having to download it each time over and over again.

Once this works I will purchase the software at Euros 50 excl. tax added value, but not before this problem is solved.

All my other programs such as MacX DVD Ripper Pro, MacX Video Converter Pro, Media Trans and 5K Player just can be openend from their respective dock logo's. MKV can't.

Thanks ! Jaap B
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV logo in my dock does not open MKV program

Post by Woodstock »

With Sierra there are specific procedures you have to use to install MakeMKV, or any program that doesn't come from the Mac store, for that matter. One of the Mac users on the forum will be able to give exact steps, but is because Sierra treats programs differently, depending on where their image is stored.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
T'hain Esh Kelch

Re: MakeMKV logo in my dock does not open MKV program

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

I assume you are dragging MKV from the DMG to the Dock?

Drag MakeMKV from the DMG to your Applications Folder. Then drag MKV from the Applications folder to your Dock.