Getting application is too old error

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
allistrang

Getting application is too old error

Post by allistrang »

I just downloaded the new version 10.6 and am still getting the error:

This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at / or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.

I moved the old version to the trash. Then restarted in case there was an issue there. I've never had this error come up when I downloaded the new version.

New to this forum and I apologize in advance if I missed anything in this question. I'm on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Woodstock

Re: Getting application is too old error

Post by Woodstock »

We're now up to about a dozen topics on this same subject.

http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

The beta key in the download expired last month. You need to insert the new one after installation.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jebediah

Post by jebediah »

Perhaps in an effort to avoid this kind of post, someone either ought to put that crucial information on the download page, or stop complaining there are so many of the same post.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

jebediah wrote:Perhaps in an effort to avoid this kind of post, someone either ought to put that crucial information on the download page, or stop complaining there are so many of the same post.
Aside from the section entitled "Beta version restrictions" on the download page, the referenced answer is/has always been prominently featured in the 'Announcements' section of the forum. Seems a logical place for 'crucial information', yet no one ever seems to find it, or the many other similar threads.

Buy the app & avoid the inconvenience evermore.