Subtitles

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Dunros

Subtitles

Post by Dunros »

Hi there

I restarted using makemkv this week after a longer timeout. My problem is, that I can't get SUBTITLES in the file... When I use hand break afterwards it says subtitle file empty.. Anybody has similar issues with subtitles or a solution for me? Do I need to make something different?

Thx
Woodstock

Re: Subtitles

Post by Woodstock »

Make sure you're selecting the subtitles - if you have chosen a "favorite language", you might have told MakeMKV to not chose subtitles not tagged as being for that language.

Since 95% of what I do involves subtitles, I know that MakeMKV does subtitles! ;)

This tutorial will show you how to check that the subtitle tracks are selected: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405

Also, if MakeMKV offers a "forced only" subtitle track, make sure the main track is selected - the forced only track will probably be empty (very few movies use "forced only" flags) and get deleted.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Dunros

Post by Dunros »

Thank you - I made sure I did it right... probably I have a problem later on squeezing the mkv with hand break into m4v. I'll check and try till it works again ;.)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you're going to process later with handbrake, I recommend having MakeMKV rip ALL audio and subtitle tracks, then sort them out in handbrake. Sometimes, automatic selections aren't correct, so I save a bit of time by grabbing everything.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging