v1.7.0 does not recognize my external Blu-ray drive

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
LensView

v1.7.0 does not recognize my external Blu-ray drive

Post by LensView »

I have just upgraded to v1.7.0 which no longer recognizes my Blu-ray drive (FastMac Slim) that I had been using successfully for several MKV incarnations. It doesn't matter whether I insert a Blu-ray disc or DVD, MKV only sees my iMac internal drive. (I am running Snow Leopard by the way and I have to stay with it because Lion interferes with the ability of VLC to create screen captures - so I am told.) If I insert a DVD into the Blu-ray drive, my iMac sees the disc on the desktop and I am able to play it, which assures me that there is no connection problem, but MKV does not see the player nor the disc.

I should mention that I am not technical to speak of and this is the first forum I have ever joined. Hope someone can help. Thanks.
LensView

Re: v1.7.0 does not recognize my external Blu-ray drive

Post by LensView »

This is me answering my own question: Seems like v1.7.0 requires a restart of the computer to make my disc drive visible. I don't recall that being a necessity in earlier versions. If not then others may find my adventure instructive. If so, well, what can I say. . .