Subtitles

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
apdso9

Subtitles

Post by apdso9 »

I have a Problem.
I want to rip the Bluray "only 60 seconds".
The Bluray have 4 sutitles in English and 4 subtitles in German.
How to check wich subtitle is for the deaf and wich one is the regular subtitle / forced subtitle?
For testing I choose all subtitles 4 English and 4 German.
When I open the MKV-File in VLC I can see only 2 English subtitles (subtitle / forced subtitle)
and 2 German subtitles (subtitle / forced subtitle).
The remarkable is thath the English subtitle and forced subtitle is the same (you can read everything that is spoken)
Could someone please help me?
I want only the regular subtitle / forced subtitle without any deaf thing...

reevescajr

Re: Subtitles

Post by reevescajr »

According to a posting I saw somewhere from the author, MakeMKV won't do forced subtitles from Blu-ray disks (yet).
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

reevescajr wrote:According to a posting I saw somewhere from the author, MakeMKV won't do forced subtitles from Blu-ray disks (yet).
No, Blu-ray forced subtitles are supported; it's DVD forced subs that aren't.
reevescajr

Post by reevescajr »

Forced subtitles were not in the mp4 file I created with Handbrake from the MKV of the Captain America Blu-ray I created with 1.7.0. I don't keep the MKV files, but I'm guessing they weren't in it either, particularly since the author of MakeMKV said that it did not yet support them from Blu-ray. However, they are in the MKV file I created this morning using the new version 1.7.2 and the same settings. So I guess this has been fixed.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

reevescajr wrote:Forced subtitles were not in the mp4 file I created with Handbrake from the MKV of the Captain America Blu-ray I created with 1.7.0.
HandBrake doesn't support Blu-ray subtitles at all.
reevescajr wrote:I don't keep the MKV files, but I'm guessing they weren't in it either, particularly since the author of MakeMKV said that it did not yet support them from Blu-ray.
Where? Blu-ray forced subs have been supported for a while; this is why there there is a checkbox for them.

Again, it's DVD forced subtitles that aren't supported (which is whey there isn't a checkbox for them).
reevescajr wrote: However, they are in the MKV file I created this morning using the new version 1.7.2 and the same settings. So I guess this has been fixed.
Nothing has changed in that regard between 1.7.0. and 1.7.2.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

apdso9 wrote:How to check wich subtitle is for the deaf and wich one is the regular subtitle / forced subtitle?
You can't in advance since the whole stream must be processed first. You can extract all PGS subs and check them with BDSUP2SUB.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch