Decrypt disc after backing up?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Jordan Orlando

Decrypt disc after backing up?

Post by Jordan Orlando »

When backing up a Blu-ray movie, I de-select the checkbox for decrypting the content.

However, burning the resulting content (BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders) onto a writable BD-R disc results in a disc that is unplayable on my Sony blu-ray player.

Repeating the procedure exactly -- but, this time, selecting the de-crypt checkbox -- results in a disc that will play perfectly.

Is there any way to take existing Blu-ray backups, made with MakeMKV (which were NOT decrypted) and create new, decrypted versions that can be put onto recordable media that will play on my Blu-ray player?

When I open the (non-decrypted) backups in MakeMKV, the "backup" button is dimmed. When I create a Blu-ray disc image (using Toast and its Blu-ray plug-in, which is the software that made my successful backup Blu-rays), MakeMKV cannot recognize the mounted disc image; it only looks at my physical optical drives and not mounted disc images.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can provide. Please let me know if my question isn't clear.
mike admin

Re: Decrypt disc after backing up?

Post by mike admin »

Unfortunately there is no way to make a decrypted backup out of non-decrypted backup. There is a lengthy workaround, plaes PM me for details.
Jordan Orlando

Re: Decrypt disc after backing up?

Post by Jordan Orlando »

I PMed you for details. Please provide them! I've only got to do this once or twice. Thanks again.