The Dread AACS error

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
medelle

The Dread AACS error

Post by medelle »

For the last three or four versions of MakeMKV, I've been getting this error. I've searched the forums and tried all the various solutions I could find to no avail.

Anyone got any new ideas?

FWIW, I'm trying to rip Doctor Who A Christmas Carol.
Gadgetman!

Re: The Dread AACS error

Post by Gadgetman! »

Are you using a DVD-drive with the same Zone as the DVD?

You may have run into a protection version not seen on too many other DVDs, in which case you're supposed to send a log to the MakeMKV creators.

http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6
Mac Mini, 2005 with superdrive, 2GB RAM, 80GB SSD, Core2Duo 2.16GHz CPU...
2 x LG USB DVD-drives and 'old spiteful' an IDE-based DVD-reader from a desktop connected to the internals of an old FW-HDD.
Writes Sci-fi:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~anthony/
medelle

Post by medelle »

My DVDs are indeed the same region as the drive and I'm running into this issue on every single disc I try.

I've sent numerous reports to the creators of MKV but the issue has not been fixed. I've tried downgrading and got all the way back to I
think it was version 1.4, with no success.

Oddly enough, using Make MKV on Windows under VM Fusion trying to rip the exact same discs works. Still, I would like to not have to go onto
the Windows side of my computer every time.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The fact that it works under Windows in a VM would make me think it's a problem with OSX... Did you recently update the machine? The new version "knows" about Bluray, so it might be enforcing things that Windows still lets you bypass.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
medelle

Post by medelle »

The last update I applied to the machine was OS 10.8.2. As I recall, I was having the issue before I applied the update, but I confess I'm not
100% on that.