extract tract from BR to burn a new BR?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
keebler

extract tract from BR to burn a new BR?

Post by keebler »

Hi folks,

I have permission from the company of this BR to extract one track (from multiples on the disc) then create a seperate BR of just that track (long story short, there is another track which has disturbing images and they need to loop the nicer track for families). This is set to a loop, but if the power goes out, the current BR will start at the beginning and play all tracks.

I figured out which track it is and I've extracted that to an MKV. Is there a way to either convert to a full res .MOV for editing in FCX to BR or should I use Toast 11 to burn a BR?

I'm on Lion 10.7.5.

Any help would be fantastic. Ultimately, I guess solutions for both ways would be best as the company also wants me to extract a different track and put their logo ahead using a 3rd seperate track for a new BR.
paulster

Re: extract tract from BR to burn a new BR?

Post by paulster »

I don't know how you can do this with MakeMKV since this is designed to just generate MKV output, but I do know another way of doing it. DVDFab, last time I looked, has an option to extract the main movie only as an ISO, and by default it will automatically loop. You can also do this with the demo version without it watermarking the image since it doesn't re-encode it, so you can select the title you want, and have it generate an ISO image of that title set to loop. Then just burn the ISO to a blank disc.
keebler

Re: extract tract from BR to burn a new BR?

Post by keebler »

paulster wrote:I don't know how you can do this with MakeMKV since this is designed to just generate MKV output, but I do know another way of doing it. DVDFab, last time I looked, has an option to extract the main movie only as an ISO, and by default it will automatically loop. You can also do this with the demo version without it watermarking the image since it doesn't re-encode it, so you can select the title you want, and have it generate an ISO image of that title set to loop. Then just burn the ISO to a blank disc.
Thanks Paulster. I'll take a look at extracting just that 1 track (there are near 30 of them).
I did try DVDFab in a different way and it hung on me twice :(

I'll report back regardless.
Thanks.