1.7.10 and Blu-ray

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
montylee

1.7.10 and Blu-ray

Post by montylee »

Running the beta 1.7.10 and I put in a blu-ray disk (The Princess Bride). I'm at the "Scanning CD-ROM devices" with an elapsed time of 17:23 right now and nothing else. Running a MacPro with 10.8.2 and a LG Blu-ray drive.
Woodstock

Re: 1.7.10 and Blu-ray

Post by Woodstock »

The "Scanning" display should not be there if MakeMKV found drive to read. It comes up when MakeMKV is asking the operating system about attached optical drives.

Does OS/X see the drive?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
montylee

Post by montylee »

Woodstock wrote:The "Scanning" display should not be there if MakeMKV found drive to read. It comes up when MakeMKV is asking the operating system about attached optical drives.

Does OS/X see the drive?
OS X (10.8.2) sees the drive. It mounts the Blu-ray disk fine. I ejected it and put in a normal DVD and it also is seen by OS/X.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Not sure what to tell you - the scanning-for-devices stage should only take a second or two, if the drive is empty at program start-up, then sit there waiting for you to put a disk in. It took marginally longer when I tested it just now with a BD in the drive, before immediately popping up with the disk title.

Unfortunately, that part of the process does not seem to be logged with Debugging turned on, so we'll have to wait for Mike to see this to get assistance. But it certainly seems that OS/X is not letting MakeMKV see the drive.

You ARE running this as a user that has full hardware privileges, correct? Is the daspi driver installed?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
montylee

Post by montylee »

Woodstock wrote:Not sure what to tell you - the scanning-for-devices stage should only take a second or two, if the drive is empty at program start-up, then sit there waiting for you to put a disk in. It took marginally longer when I tested it just now with a BD in the drive, before immediately popping up with the disk title.

Unfortunately, that part of the process does not seem to be logged with Debugging turned on, so we'll have to wait for Mike to see this to get assistance. But it certainly seems that OS/X is not letting MakeMKV see the drive.

You ARE running this as a user that has full hardware privileges, correct? Is the daspi driver installed?
I am the admin. Don't know about the daspi driver--how would I verify that?