MAKEMKV for OSX not create the chapter from bluray folder...

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
atomico73

MAKEMKV for OSX not create the chapter from bluray folder...

Post by atomico73 »

hi guys, i am a new user of this good utility, but i have some problem whit it...

i have try both version, OSX and WINDOWS, but i encounter always the same problem: chapter of the BDMV folder are not create...

why?

i load the bluray source folder from my hard disc, obtain the complete list of the file, find the feature film, select and clic makemkv file...

but at the end of the process the chapter are not selectable inside VLC or other MKV player... why?

i have try also to adding the FORCED SUBTITLE, but i receive this error message: FORCE SUBTITLES TRACK # TURNED OUT TO BE EMPTY AND WAS REMOVED FROM OUTPUT FILE

where i am wrong to using this software?

i have see that into the list of the content of the bluray are present more than 1 feature film. for example, into FAST & FURIOUS 5 i have 2 feature film of 20GB, one is with chapter and one is without chapter... i have try to extract both file, but the result are the same...

some suggestion?

sorry for bad english.

thanks to all.

bye.

Andrea
Woodstock

Re: MAKEMKV for OSX not create the chapter from bluray folde

Post by Woodstock »

Subtitles - It is likely these disks do not take advantage of the "forced" flag in their subtitle tracks. MOST disks I have encountered have TWO subtitle tracks per language. One contains the full set of subtitles, the other contains just those that would be "forced".

In fact, if a title is released on both Bluray and DVD, this is the only way I have seen things done - they use the same subtitle layout for both DVD and BD.

Chapters - Cannot help on this one, although I have seen this when I try to play a backup of a BD disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
atomico73

Post by atomico73 »

thanks...

but in the feature of this program i read: "Preserves chapters information"

why mentioned this word if the utility are not able to preserve chapter?

probably when the software was released for purchased?
MJFieser

Post by MJFieser »

It sounds like you have a software player issue, not a MakeMKV issue. If I play a MKV via a drive connected to the USB port on my Blu-ray player the chapter stops work as expected.
atomico73

Post by atomico73 »

MJFieser wrote:It sounds like you have a software player issue, not a MakeMKV issue. If I play a MKV via a drive connected to the USB port on my Blu-ray player the chapter stops work as expected.
how it's possible?

i have try the mkv file into variuos player: VLC, AURORA BLURAY PLAYER, MAC BLURAY PLAYER.

all of these player are not able to skip chapter, and when i go into chapter section i see nothing...

i have try into SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.8 and into MOUNTAIN LION 10.8.4

i encounter the same problem also when i make a BDMV folder of only feature film with DVDFAB 9, the chapter not working...

some suggestion? i no have idea what are wrong...
MJFieser

Post by MJFieser »

i encounter the same problem also when i make a BDMV folder of only feature film with DVDFAB 9, the chapter not working...
If using DVDFAB yields the same result as using MakeMKV, you verified what I said was the problem.

I feel your pain, I really do, because I've used some of the SOFTWARE players you listed (VLC and Mac Blu-ray Player) and they did not recognize the chapter info in the MKVs, but if I use a HARDWARE Blu-ray player to play MKVs, the chapter stops are recognized.

Yes, it sucks, but you just need to find a player that recognizes the chapter info, because it's there. Even after compressing them with MP4tools (http://www.emmgunn.com/index.html) the chapter info is still present. So either it was there from the beginning or MP4tools magic'd the chapter info into the file.

I really don't know what else to do other than to point you at some other software players. I've never used XBMC (http://xbmc.org) or PLEX (http://www.plexapp.com/download/plex-media-center.php), but they might be what you're looking for.
atomico73

Post by atomico73 »

thanks for let me know...

but i have try to play the MKV file with the MED8ER600ex and the result are always the same: no chapters... and the MED600 are updated to the last firmware v2.0

i do not have other hardware to try to play the mkv file... i am perplexed for these result...

i have a friend with the SONY S790, i can try with this hardware... but i am skeptical...