Default Save Location in Preferences never works

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
powderkeg

Default Save Location in Preferences never works

Post by powderkeg »

I have been using MakeMKV for some time and gone through any number of updates including the latest one which gives 10.10 compatibility - thanks for that. However in all that time the fault has never been fixed that means whatever you put in the preferences to specify a default Save location, the program always tries to put the output into User/Movies/Movie-name, and says that the folder does not exist; you then have to manually navigate to the desired folder every time. Can you please fix this? It's really lame.
mike admin

Re: Default Save Location in Preferences never works

Post by mike admin »

Do you select "custom" for location type as well?
powderkeg

Post by powderkeg »

Sorry this reply is late, didn't know I wouldn't get email notifications . . . sorry but I have no idea what your reply means!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What Mike means is that there is a radio button set above the box with the path. What is checked there? The box means different things, depending on the selection.

The only one that strictly uses what is in the box is "Custom". The others interpret it as a starting point for creating a path.

For example, I have "SemiAuto" selected, and "Z:" in the box. I get "Z:\{disktitle}\" as the default path to save files.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
powderkeg

Post by powderkeg »

A-a-a-a-a-h ... I had set the directory in Preferences>General>MakeMKV Data Directory - had no idea I should be going into the Video section. Thanks for sorting it out.

Hoping one day for a re-design that will make the whole MakeMKV experience more intuitive, slick and fun to use, but in the mean time - at least it works!!