Reference to: Direct Blu-ray playback with VLC player

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Rich364

Reference to: Direct Blu-ray playback with VLC player

Post by Rich364 »

I completed the steps to get VLC to play BR Discs directly... and it worked perfectly (thank you).

My question is... is there a way to achieve this without placing a lib Folder within my Mac's main user account's Home Folder? I like the way my hierarchy of folders is setup and having this added folder messes things up. I'd prefer to have the lib folder somewhere else.

If this is possible... could you tell me how to do it?

Thanks.
Rich364

Re: PLEASE HELP - Reference to: Direct Blu-ray playback with

Post by Rich364 »

HI again. I'm not a programer or developer... so I'm hoping that someone on this site is (and can help).

Like I mentioned in my first post... I completed the steps to playback BRs with VLC and it works perfectly. I'm looking for a way to do the same thing but not have the lib folder reside within my primary user's Home Folder. Is there a way to alter the suggested Terminal Command so it resides within the Application Support folder (inside my Library Folder)? If so, is it too late because I already ran the original command Mike provided?

I'm hopping someone knowledgeable will be willing to help :(
rcork

Re: Reference to: Direct Blu-ray playback with VLC player

Post by rcork »

Is this just a cosmetic problem in the folder structure that displays in Finder? If so, you can hide it from finder with the following command:

Code: Select all

chflags hidden ~/lib
I'm not at my mac right now so i can't remember if the folder is ~/lib or ~/.lib. If ~/.lib, change the code above to reflect that.
Rich364

Re: Reference to: Direct Blu-ray playback with VLC player

Post by Rich364 »

Yeah, it's a cosmetic things.

And thank you so much for taking the time to help... it worked perfectly :D