I paid but my Activation Key does not work

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
superabc

I paid but my Activation Key does not work

Post by superabc »

Back on 10/17/13 I paid for MakeMKV and received a long activation code and was able to register my copy of MakeMKV (version 1.8.5, recently upgraded to 1.9) at that time. This version is still working on an older computer (MacBook Pro) that I am preparing to erase and get rid of.

On a new computer, I am in the process of adding back programs after I had to do a complete wipe of the hard drive. On the new MacBook Pro, when I download MakeMKV and try to register it with the old (very long) activation key (that was supposed to be good forever), it says the code is incorrect.

Does my paid activation code only work on one computer at a time? Is that the problem? If so I'll go ahead and wipe the old computer but wanted to confirm first.
Woodstock

Re: I paid but my Activation Key does not work

Post by Woodstock »

Purchased activation codes should work on the new computer. Mine worked when I tried it out on a Mac a couple of years ago.

You MAY be having a problem related to copy/paste, if that's how you're trying to enter the key. Sometimes, the copy portion can take more or fewer characters than you intended to copy, especially if the source you are copying has HTML formatting.

In any case, an email to support@makemkv.com is the fastest way to deal with registration key issues. Mike will need the email address that the original key was sent to.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging