MakeMKV generating14k Zip Files?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
minipete515

MakeMKV generating14k Zip Files?

Post by minipete515 »

Hi - noobie here so apologies if this has been covered. I purchased makemkv last night after using the trial version mostly successfully. I say mostly as of around 8 discs, 3 have failed repeatedly so I've given up on them. I'm using it specifically to rip HD-DVDs by the way. Anyway, downloaded latest version and tried three 'new' discs last night. One is actually brand new out of the cellophane but that reported an error! Same on another then finally on the third disc it took about 25 mins which I thought was unusually short but with no error reports on the log thought maybe I had success. No - all I got was a 14k Zip file !! Never seen that before - any ideas would be much appreciated as having purchased this now and not been able to rip there discs one after the other does not bode well!
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV generating14k Zip Files?

Post by Woodstock »

Without log information (link in my signature), the only thing anyone can do is say, "Interesting. Why do you think that is?"

If we don't know what errors you're getting, there is no way to make suggestions on how to fix them.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
minipete515

Re: MakeMKV generating14k Zip Files?

Post by minipete515 »

Understood - that's fair enough. I posted this at work on the off chance someone might have some feedback as I was less interested in the error messages and more whoy I got this odd zip file which never happened with trial version. On reflection I'm actually really irritated I'm having to ask these questions - I've just spent nearly £50 on something that basically doesn't work properly anymore - under normal circumstances you'd be straight back to the shop. Instead I face the prospect of maybe's and theories. I do however appreciate your reply and will try to supply info later.