GRavity 3D and Atmos

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
MaDMaX**

GRavity 3D and Atmos

Post by MaDMaX** »

tried doing a lot of searching for this, and not really found anything definitive

I currently have Gravity 3D. but would love to watch it with the Atmos track

I can get the atmos version from Tesco

has anyone extracted the atmos track and remixed it into the 3D version using makemkv and A another bit of software

im guesing TS muxer ?
LuekG

Re: GRavity 3D and Atmos

Post by LuekG »

Sorry for the late reply, as I have just joined this forum,

but yes, I have done it.

I used "mkvtoolnix" and crossed the streams so to speak and the outcome was brilliant.

Not sure why they decided to re-release the Atmos version NOT in 3D, but my goodness it deserves it!
MaDMaX**

Post by MaDMaX** »

LuekG wrote:Sorry for the late reply, as I have just joined this forum,

but yes, I have done it.

I used "mkvtoolnix" and crossed the streams so to speak and the outcome was brilliant.

Not sure why they decided to re-release the Atmos version NOT in 3D, but my goodness it deserves it!
Hi yeah sorry so many posts so much time gone by

Also done the same as you

It's good now

Also did the silent track

Very very eerie :)
MKVUser00

Post by MKVUser00 »

MaDMaX** wrote: Also did the silent track
Can you post how you selected the silent track? Had no problems with the Atmos, but am stumped trying to add the silent tract.

Thanks!
MaDMaX**

Post by MaDMaX** »

MKVUser00 wrote:
MaDMaX** wrote: Also did the silent track
Can you post how you selected the silent track? Had no problems with the Atmos, but am stumped trying to add the silent tract.

Thanks!
ooof to be honest not sure , its been a while,

from what I remember, I created an mkv of the 3d movie with the track/tracks I wanted, I then created another mkv and made sure I added all the English audio tracks,

I think I tried either tsmuxer of mergemkv but didn't have any luck, so in the end think I used https://mkvtoolnix.download/

I selected the 3d mkv, then added the audio tracks from the other mkv, it was a bit of trial an error,

and still not sure it worked, as never watched it all the way thru, as had some video break ups but that may have been my network. but adding the silent track definitely worked

hope above helps, if not post back, and I might try and re do it, as have no shortage of mkv's to try ! :)
MKVUser00

Post by MKVUser00 »

Thanks for the prompt reply and offer!

So I have the Atmos/Deluxe 2D version - and wound up ripping the entire disc and listening to all the files to figure out which one was the "silent" track.

For anyone else...
There are 4 different mpls files.
0098.mpls has the Atmos
0100.mpls has the Silent Track (5.1 only though).

I'm guessing I won't need to re-rip the silent track from the 3D version - and should be able to just mux them all together.

Man, I really wish there was some master updated repository somewhere that just listed which .mpls file contained what.

Now, I just wait for the 3D version to drop in price and I'll revisit this again.

Thanks again!
MaDMaX**

Post by MaDMaX** »

its available here

http://store.musicmagpie.co.uk/products ... t4QAvD_BwE

you should be fine as obviously the atmos track came from the 2d disc,

I did smile at 5.1 in silence :) lol
dan137

Post by dan137 »

I've been looking for an atmos copy since upgrading my AV system. They are like rocking horse droppings and massively overpriced on ebay £50+ for a used bluray!

I have the standard bluray version. Is it against forum rules to ask if anyone can supply a copy of the atmos track to remux with my bluray copy?

If not, would anyone be willing to share the audio?

Cheers

Dan
karbre

Post by karbre »

Check your PM's
dan137

Post by dan137 »

Thanks for the reply. I had managed to source an atmos track and use mkvtoolnix to combine with my bluray rip.

Unfortunately I can't reply by pm (Don't think i've posted enough in the forum!)

Thanks

Dan
jerrico

Post by jerrico »

I am also looking for the ATMOS audio track.

Would be very grateful if someone could share with me!