Playback in wrong order

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
chevota

Playback in wrong order

Post by chevota »

So I have a few new rips and they play out of order.
Movie starts video & audio is good but it has many different screens that should be in a different order.
This only started from the last update. as far as I can tell.

Divergent, Insurgent, & Allegiant.

I have not noticed any others.
MAC 10.11
Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Playback in wrong order

Post by Woodstock »

Welcome to the world of Lionsgate, where they introduce hundreds of fake titles on each disk (dozens on DVDs). You will find may topics here asking for which play list is correct, and where people give as many variations as they find, since Lionsgate changes the "proper playlist" between versions they sell to different retailers and rental outfits.

Search for "playlist obfuscation" and you will find many hits. Search for the name of a movie, and you will find many hits.

Starting with v1.10.2, MakeMKV attempts to determine the correct playlist, if you have Java installed on your system. It doesn't always get it right.

I can't say how well it works, because I refuse to install Java on my computer, and I avoid buying Lionsgate disks... Although I do have Ender's Game.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
chevota

Post by chevota »

Thank you for your help. I wasn't sure what it was called "playlist obfuscation" :)
zomorf

Post by zomorf »

Would it be possible to run makemkv under sandboxie and that would eliminate JAVA being installed?

Sandboxie - Sandbox security software for Windows. Install and run programs in a virtual sandbox environment without writing to the hard drive.

Allows you to run programs in a closed environment etc...
Last edited by zomorf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lata
zomorf
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

While I have seen that word (sandboxie) on the forum before, I have no clue what it is.

I have not received any warnings about not having Java installed. But that might be because I don't buy Lionsgate titles anymore.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging