file obfuscation solution for LINUX?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
icycle

file obfuscation solution for LINUX?

Post by icycle »

So I get that Windows (and maybe Mac) folks can figure out which blu-ray title their player is playing. However, we on Linux aren't lucky enough to have the capability of playing most new blu-ray discs. Besides searching the blu-ray error reports forum (http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewforum.php?f=8), hoping for an answer, is there any way to analyze the disc on Linux?

I read that MakeMKV can take a good guess at which track is correct, I'd like to confirm that I'm seeing it do that. I do see Java in effect:

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.10.4 linux(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Using Java runtime from /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/bin/java
And I'm guessing that the "FPL_MainFeature" comment added might be from MakeMKV indicating its best guess? Here's the info from that track, which happens to agree with a post in the error reports forum for this disc:

Code: Select all

Name: The Whole Truth (English)
Comment: FPL_MainFeature
Source file name: 00600.mpls
Duration: 1:33:20
Chapters count: 16
Size: 19.9 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 517,510,520,502,507,501,511,518,505,513,516,506,515,512,508,504,509,519,514,503
File name: The_Whole_Truth_t02.mkv
icycle

Re: file obfuscation solution for LINUX?

Post by icycle »

Let me ask another way... Is there a way to self-assess the correct playlist order on Linux?
zeroepoch

Re: file obfuscation solution for LINUX?

Post by zeroepoch »

Yes using "makemkvcon -r". It basically amounts to you doing a decrypted backup then watching the m2ts files in BDMV/STREAM until you find the correct order. A very rough set of commands is listed below.

1. makemkvcon -r file:/path/to/backup > output
2. grep ,26, output | cut -d\" -f2 | sort -u > playlists
3. grep ^#1,#2,#3... playlists | cut -d, -f4 | sort -u

You basically repeat step 3 adding more items to the grep list as you find the next segment and advancing the cut field by 1 each time you do. Eventually you will get 1 line from the grep command. Sometimes there are no variations between fields so just because you get 1 variant doesn't mean you're done. Remove the "sort -u" and see if you have only 1 line.