Two questions (conversion & encryption)

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
frodawgg

Two questions (conversion & encryption)

Post by frodawgg »

I went back to v1.7.4 because I wanted to use the profiles to convert a TrueHD file to lpcm (a feature which I believe is NOT on more recent versions, if I am understanding correctly), but then I find out it can't open my BD, which is AACS v9. Is there a version which satisfies both needs? hashtagfrustrated

Also, when I get to that point, what is the exact code I need to enter? I found the conversion profiles thread, but the code is super-long and I'm not entirely sure what to enter for this specific request. I found one for DTS-HD to PCM--would I just replace DTS-HD with TrueHD?

Apologies if these have already been answered.

Thanks!
devwadand

Re: Two questions (conversion & encryption)

Post by devwadand »

Learn to use (eac3to and more gui) preferably version 1.09 to convert audio into any format you want.
You'll put the MKV file into Paths/Sources tab
Then open Eac3to Audio tab (tab right next to Paths/Sources Tab)
Within that tab select movie file within 'input file(s) Or Folder'
Input file name and select save as type to which output audio format you want then select run command line.

Under path sources you have to select the paths of everything. The program seems a little complex, but once you get use to it it makes audio conversion a snap.

Once you have the output file use mkvtoolnix to remux file back into the MKV file.

Hope this will help
frodawgg

Re: Two questions (conversion & encryption)

Post by frodawgg »

devwadand wrote:Learn to use (eac3to and more gui) preferably version 1.09 to convert audio into any format you want.
You'll put the MKV file into Paths/Sources tab
Then open Eac3to Audio tab (tab right next to Paths/Sources Tab)
Within that tab select movie file within 'input file(s) Or Folder'
Input file name and select save as type to which output audio format you want then select run command line.

Under path sources you have to select the paths of everything. The program seems a little complex, but once you get use to it it makes audio conversion a snap.

Once you have the output file use mkvtoolnix to remux file back into the MKV file.

Hope this will help
Ah, therein lies the problem. I'm trying to do this through makemkv because--either due to user error (because I suck) or bugs--eac3to is not working for me. Every time I enter the file into 1.09, it minimizes the program, and then when I reopen it, it's frozen. I also tried 1.10, but although I can input the file on the main tab, there is no way to do it in the audio tab. I can try again when I get home, but it's eluded me so far.

As far as the encryption, I've been able to open this disc on later versions (which unfortunately don't have the conversion profiles), so I'm just wondering which version made that jump and also does conversions, so I can kill two birds with one stone (although I don't want to actually kill birds. That's kinda mean.).