No audio

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
DeeJay

No audio

Post by DeeJay »

Just downloaded the software and sucessfully copied a DVD to my hard drive. It plays OK BUT no audio. I must have done something wrong, but what? Can anyone please help and advise me
Woodstock

Re: No audio

Post by Woodstock »

Does your player support the type of audio the DVD had? What happens if you play the MKV file in VLC (by videolan.org), which handles a larger variety of audio codecs?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DeeJay

Post by DeeJay »

The DVD plays perfectly using Leawo and VLC. By the way my OS is the latest update of WIN10 shortly to be upgraded to WIN10 Pro.

Please note I am 71 and not technical is this aspect. Could it be anything to do with my using the BETA version? I am trialling it prior to purchasing the full version. If it won't copy my trial disk then I won't be spending the money on something that wont work for me.

Any advise you can give would be appreciated but please make it as no techical as possible.

Many thanks
DeeJay
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Is Leawo still a pirated version of MakeMKV? (there's an announcement about that from 2010)

Pretty much any audio codec found on a Bluray should be playable on VLC from a MakeMKV-created MKV, although VLC does have some problems with DTS audio.

When you open the disk, you can see what audio types are available for each video track. This topic will show you what the menus look like:

http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405

You can see what MakeMKV selected to rip, and add or remove tracks within each title if you want.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging