BluRay ripped in multiple parts

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
DarthRinzler79

BluRay ripped in multiple parts

Post by DarthRinzler79 »

Hi all,
I've tried to search on here, but couldn't find an answer to my questions, so apologies if it's been asked in a different way previously
I'm very much a newbie to this, but ripped Jurassic World Dominion earlier today and unlike all my other previous rips, it decided each chapter would be it's own mkv file. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue (just mildly annoying), apart from the fact this disc is the extended edition with 2 copies of the film on the disc.
Is there a way to Rip in a different way that brings this all together as 2 files (normal and extended editions). I should add all my MakeMKV settings are 'fresh out the box' of the latest release
Ezatoka

Re: BluRay ripped in multiple parts

Post by Ezatoka »

How do you rip the disc? From your text I would assume, you make a full backup and then use the M2TS files directly.

That certainly doesn't work well with segmented movies. You should let MakeMKV create the MKV files, as it will take all segments from the playlists.
DarthRinzler79

Post by DarthRinzler79 »

Ezatoka wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:25 pm
How do you rip the disc? From your text I would assume, you make a full backup and then use the M2TS files directly.

That certainly doesn't work well with segmented movies. You should let MakeMKV create the MKV files, as it will take all segments from the playlists.
No, I had Opened the disc first and then ripped to a MKV file. When opened, the disc showed all the different segments, with the majority (other than the extras) labelled as Main Feature
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

Hmm I do remember very few BluRays where MakeMKV listed the main movie at the top where the playlist videos are, and nearly all segments as separate video below, where the m2ts files are added. So maybe you just have to ignore the m2ts-added videos?