First Rip Problem - Zidoo Z9X Pro

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
mustang5o

First Rip Problem - Zidoo Z9X Pro

Post by mustang5o »

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. I purchased a pre-patched BW-16D1HT. Installed MakeMKV, put in 4K copy of Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire and hit backup. It completed the BDMV folder on my hard drive in about 45 minutes. I movied the folder to an external USB 3.0 14TB drive. Shared the drive out. At first the Zidoo wasn't seeing it so I had to make a few changes to share permissions. Once I got the share working, I clicked on the BDMV on the Zidoo and it popped up a menu asking if I wanted to play the movie or play the movie with menus. I clicked on play with menus as this is why I chose the BDMV option. The screen went black and nothing happened for a couple of minutes. I hit the back button and it said hit again to stop playing. I tried again and this time chose no menu option. The result was the same, a black screen for a couple of minutes. I backed out again and then proceeded to play a 4K Dolby Atmos/Dolby Vision MKV file of the movie Prey (acquired elsewhere for testing). The movie started immediately and my AVR confirmed Dolby Atmos.

Any thoughts on what I should test next to confirm if it's a problem with my rip, a problem with networking/sharing, a problem with the Zidoo (maybe a bad setting). FYI, the Zidoo also did not recognize the Harry Potter movie to match the poster. I'm thinking I will connect the external drive directly to the Zidoo to eliminate the network/sharing as possibility. I would also try finding the main movie and playing it directly. I may also try ripping just the movie to an MKV file for comparison.

Thanks for any help.
BeardedFPV

Re: First Rip Problem - Zidoo Z9X Pro

Post by BeardedFPV »

Just ran a test between a disk backup and title save. Best of my knowledge, Zidoo and HT4.0 only read MKV. Decrypt or not, HT has no idea what any of the data means when a backup of a disk is made. Content must be in a MKV format for Zidoo/HT and for this you have to use the 'save title' feature.