www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:14 am 

Endeavour Series 3, Discs 1 & 2
Grantchester Series 2, Discs 1 & 2

MakeMKV v1.10.2 seems unable to open the latest PBS Masterpiece Mystery DVDs automatically. It adds only a few of the titles on the DVD, usually just ancillary or bonus titles, but no actual episodes.

If I open the discs manually, using a comma-delimited string of the title numbers I want (after identifying them using VLC), then it adds the titles and rips them just fine.

Skimming the Forums, I see two recent posts from others that sound like the exact same issue:

In both of these other cases, each with recent PBS releases, MakeMKV added some—but not all—of the episodes. With the 4 discs where I had this problem, it added no episodes; only smaller ancillary titles. I suspect these are all variations on the same underlying problem, perhaps due to a change in the copy protection PBS is using with its latest releases.

I've sent support@makemkv.com more details on this problem, including the logs and .IFOs from Endeavor Series 3 Discs 1 & 2. I'm attaching the logs from these two discs to this post as well, in case they might help someone else. I had the same problem last week with Grantchester Series 2 Discs 1 & 2, but failed to capture any trouble-shooting data.

For reference, I'm running MakeMKV v1.10.2 on an iMac17,1 running OS X El Capitan v10.11.6.

—D.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:47 am 

I am having this same problem with Endeavour. It isn't just MakeMKV either. I went to my mate's place and the latest and greatest version of DVDFab is unable to rip them either. It's frustrating as all hell, since the only place left I have a DVD player is on my PC, and I want to watch these discs on the living room television. So far I have found no way to put them on the household server though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:39 pm 

I am having problems too - only way round it so far is to screen capture....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:14 pm 

I've had similar problems with various episodes of Downton Abbey, Poldark and The Durrells in Corfu. (I don't remember whether I've seen it with Foyle's War.)