JAG Season 3 Disc 3 Region 2

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Erin123

JAG Season 3 Disc 3 Region 2

Post by Erin123 »

Can anyone help? I am trying to convert the four titles on this disc. I have successfully converted the first three titles but I can't get the fourth one. At first I thought maybe the disc was damaged so I got another copy from Amazon (and a third!), but I got the same error with all three of the discs. I also tried the discs on another computer and got the same issue again. Is there a way around it?

I cannot attach the MakeMKV_log.txt file because when I do I get this message: The attachment’s file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 2 MB.
Please note this is set in php.ini and cannot be overridden.
, but the text from MakeMKV while I was making another attempt to to save the fourth title is below:

MakeMKV v1.9.9 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\Erin/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Cells 8-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #1 was added (7 cell(s), 0:43:55)
Title #2 was added (7 cell(s), 0:44:34)
Title #3 was added (7 cell(s), 0:44:09)
Title #4 was added (7 cell(s), 0:43:15)
Title #13 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/1 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/2 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/3 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/4 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/5 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/6 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/7 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/9 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/10 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16 has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16/1 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17/1 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 40 seconds and was therefore skipped
DEBUG: Code 233 at MGMWTYeAMpUK2a2AY2vp/bfj:0
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory C:/Users/Erin/Desktop/Videos/iPlayer/JAGS3d3
DEBUG: Code 450 at OWEwm?s~G<=ZwAh-FDS:121268075
DEBUG: Code 0 at 4W~5;,qVF!rkp['%ZSgF\:29398967
DEBUG: Code 0 at u]\2oU~M}Pdu:s=e{:213131893
DEBUG: Code 0 at u]\2oU~M}Pdu:s=e{:121263406
DEBUG: Code 0 at u]\2oU~M}Pdu:s=e{:29393907
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
Failed to save title 3 to file C:/Users/Erin/Desktop/Videos/iPlayer/JAGS3d3/title03.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Woodstock

Re: JAG Season 3 Disc 3 Region 2

Post by Woodstock »

The debug messages are something Mike will have to translate, but... in many (most?) instances, they come from the drive sending information that isn't quite correct. MakeMKV then tries to work around the problem, trying different "fix up" methods, until it either gets a successful read, or runs out of things to try.

Mike posted a message last year about some drives making a "best guess" at a sector's content if they can't read the whole thing, rather than just reporting that the read failed. I take that to imply that the debug codes are indications of "kind of bad" areas. When I see debug codes, I clean the disk and try again, even though my drives seem to always return SCSI errors if a read fails.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Erin123

Post by Erin123 »

Thanks Woodstock. I've tried cleaning the disc, all three (genuine) copies of the disc, and I've tried two different computers, but I get the exact same problem each time. I was just wondering if someone knew of a way to get the program to read the disc or if I'll have to give it up as a bad job and have a missing episode. Perhaps I'll just have to use the DVD player if I want to watch that one again. :(
massiveoni

Post by massiveoni »

heya,
i have the same problem with the region 4 (australia) version
the weird thing is, i can rip the disk with dvd decrypter, and there is no error,
but then when you try and run it thru makemkv i get the same error.

my log file is below

MakeMKV v1.10.6 win(x64-release) started
Automatic checking for updates is enabled, you may disable it in preferences if you don't want MakeMKV to contact web server.
Using direct disc access mode
Title #1 was added (7 cell(s), 0:43:55)
Title #2 was added (7 cell(s), 0:44:34)
Title #3 was added (7 cell(s), 0:44:09)
Title #4 was added (7 cell(s), 0:43:15)
Title #13 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/1 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/2 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/3 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/4 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/5 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/6 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/7 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/9 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #14/10 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16 has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16/1 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17/1 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory D:/Desktop/
Failed to save title 3 to file D:/Desktop//title03.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed