March Beta has DVD problems

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
mike_mgoblue

March Beta has DVD problems

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I was recently trying to back up some DVDs I own using the March beta. But, there was an interesting problem I ran into that could be repeated each time.

If I simply tried ripping the DVD and walked away from the computer, everything was fine.

But, if I tried using the Internet (I use Chrome) while the DVDs were ripping, the DVD would instantly stop ripping as soon as I clicked on Chrome.

What was even more interesting was that if I closed MakeMKV and closed all the Chrome browser windows, it was not possible to delete the folder that had partially been made with the DVD. The only way I could delete this partially-made folder was if I either disconnected the external USB DVD drive or restarted the computer. I kept receiving a message saying the folder was in use by another program, even though it clearly wasn't.

This hasn't happened in the past. In the past, I could use the Internet while a DVD or Blu-ray was being ripped.

I just thought I would report this in case it is some form of "bug" or "glitch" that "could" or "should" be fixed in a future MakeMKV.
Ezatoka

Re: March Beta has DVD problems

Post by Ezatoka »

mike_mgoblue wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:38 am
I just thought I would report this in case it is some form of "bug" or "glitch" that "could" or "should" be fixed in a future MakeMKV.
...or in Chrome, which eventually tries to get a lock on all devices on the machine and kicking MakeMKV out of access.
pummer

Re: March Beta has DVD problems

Post by pummer »

Ezatoka wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:46 pm
mike_mgoblue wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:38 am
...or in Chrome, which eventually tries to get a lock on all devices on the machine and kicking MakeMKV out of access.
Have you ever had issues ripping certain 4k discs? I have had issues trying to rip Top Gun through makeMkV I just gave up to many error messages while ripping.