Star Trek Voyager Season 3

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
garmin123

Star Trek Voyager Season 3

Post by garmin123 »

As part of the 7 season set that's now widely available for $65, Seasons 1 & 2 rip normally. But season 3 will never get to the point where it shows you the episodes. In fact what happens is this:
MakeMKV v1.17.3 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.05 xxxxxxxx' at offset '1459054592'
Cells 1-2 were removed from title start
Cells 17-17 were removed from title end
Title #1 was added (14 cell(s), 0:40:50)
Cells 15-16 were removed from title end
Title #2 declared length is 0:39:26 while its real length is 0:07:20 - assuming fake title
Cells 14-15 were removed from title end
Title #3 declared length is 0:39:53 while its real length is 0:00:00 - assuming fake title
Cells 14-15 were removed from title end
Title #4 declared length is 0:39:54 while its real length is 0:00:00 - assuming fake title
Title #5 has length of 22 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB' at offset '0'
[many more of these errors]
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB' at offset '0'

At this point, there's not much you can do. MakeMkv will now say there's no disc in the drive, and if you eject and reinsert (keeping MakeMKV Open), Windows will now tell you the directory is invalid.

Closing MakeMKV and opening the DVD allows you to play it from the same drive. I checked with the previous season, to see if the drive failed, and no, it works normally. Any ideas?
garmin123

Re: Star Trek Voyager Season 3

Post by garmin123 »

Let me reply to my own post.

I always keep a spare of those LG drives around (they're fragile as all get-out), and after replacing it, it works. I note the drive has a 1 year warranty, I think it's going back.
garmin123

Post by garmin123 »

It's probably not the drive as the issue is back.

I've tried doing the tricks with doing the cellwalk and stuff, but even when it can read the the cells, the rip always fails except for the first episode. I turned off anti-virus, rebooted the machine, turned the power off. I even tried to back up the ISO and that failed as well.

But it can't be two drives doing this, and certainly not every disk past seasons 1 & 2. I think the next step is to find a real dvd player and see if this is protection error or a fault with the disks themselves.

edit: Something odd is definitely going on. I wish I could post a picture here, but I can't upload directly.
I tried a disk in season 4, and it scans the disk correctly, but when I tell it to rip, it MakeMKV tells me there is no disk inserted, and then crashes with a pop up that says "Fatal Error Occured. program will now exit"

And when I click okay, the program goes away.
LordMustangGT

Post by LordMustangGT »

I am having the same issue with Make MKV. It opens the disc one time, then they immediatly disapear from the list. After that, it says there's no disc in the drive, and even Power DVD says there's no disc in the drive. A reboot is needed to reset everything, and then it will happen all over again. It will read and play in Power DVD just fine as long as I dont try to open it in MKV.

On Another note, I have WinX and it will not work on disc 6 of season 2, where all these problems start for me. But Season 3 disc one it copys with WinX with no issiues. Only problem now is, its only copying the first ten minites of every episode because I have the evalluation ed. and my key wont work. Waiting on a support help email back now from WinX.
Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
Intel 7920x
32gb GSkill
Gigabyte Waterforce 3080Ti WB ver.
Asus 4k Bruray drive
pneumatic

Post by pneumatic »

Try ripping the entire disc to an .iso file using DVD Decrypter, eject the disc, then try opening the .iso in MakeMKV.