Skipping Episodes

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Joe_Dee_Foster

Skipping Episodes

Post by Joe_Dee_Foster »

I'm backing-up some of my TV Shows to my hard drive because some are expensive to buy again and some DVD cases hold the discs so tight, some cases have split some discs. However, I'm backing-up a TV Show and the first seven seasons allow me to rip each episode. When I got to Season 8, it's only letting me rip the Play All file and not the four episodes each. Why is this? The DVD has the Select Episode as well as Play All. I don't understand why Make MKV is not detecting the four other files from each disc as in four episodes on their own. Is there a way around this to fix this? Thanks.
Joe_Dee_Foster

Re: Skipping Episodes

Post by Joe_Dee_Foster »

I don't need bloody sarcasm telling me to go back to DVD discs. I'm backing-up my TV Shows because some discs tend to crack due the the cases holding the discs in too tight and don't tell me how to remove discs. I know and I know how to look after discs.
Radiocomms237

Re: Skipping Episodes

Post by Radiocomms237 »

It may just be that the disc was authored/structured differently to the other seasons?

Sometimes discs don't have individual episodes, they just have one long PLAY ALL file and the disc menu divides it up into separate episodes, usually distinguished by chapters.

Being a DVD you could try to "Open DVD files manually" within MakeMKV and see if the episodes appear that way?