Hairspray: Failed to parse UDF file record for file "VTS_02_0.BUP", UDF filesystem on disc seems to be corrupt.

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Kantankerous

Hairspray: Failed to parse UDF file record for file "VTS_02_0.BUP", UDF filesystem on disc seems to be corrupt.

Post by Kantankerous »

When trying to rip a copy of Hairspray I'm getting some very strange errors. I've cleaned the disc, and the drive works fine with other movies. I'm using the following drive: PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XS07U. Playback doesn't seem to work on VLC either. Any thoughts for what the cause might be?

Posted below is the full log output of attempting to open the disk:

Using LibreDrive mode (v01.0 id=CA5C627C459A)
Using direct disc access mode
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
IFO file for VTS #1 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
Failed to parse UDF file record for file "VTS_02_0.BUP", UDF filesystem on disc seems to be corrupt. You may get random program behavior.
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XS07U 1.02 CBDL010395UC' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XS07U 1.02 CBDL010395UC' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB' at offset '0'
Can't locate a cell for VTS 1 TTN 1 PGCN 6 PGN 0
Can't locate a cell for VTS 1 TTN 1 PGCN 7 PGN 0
Can't locate a cell for VTS 1 TTN 1 PGCN 8 PGN 0
Cells 21-21 were removed from title end
Title #1 declared length is 1:55:50 while its real length is 1:13:29 - assuming fake title
Title #1/1 has length of 3 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #1/2 has length of 70 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #1/4 has length of 3 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2 has length of 3 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3 has length of 70 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 has length of 3 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5 in broken titleset was skipped
Title #6 in broken titleset was skipped
Title #7 in broken titleset was skipped
Title #8 in broken titleset was skipped
Title #9 in broken titleset was skipped
Title #10 in broken titleset was skipped
Title #11 in broken titleset was skipped
Failed to open disc
dcoke22

Re: Hairspray: Failed to parse UDF file record for file "VTS_02_0.BUP", UDF filesystem on disc seems to be corrupt.

Post by dcoke22 »

Those 'MEDIUM ERROR' messages mean the drive is unable to correctly read part of the disc, in your case, the very beginning (offset 0).

You could try cleaning the disc more thoroughly. You could perhaps to to read the disc on a different optical drive (although Pioneer drives are usually pretty good). Or, you could replace the disc.
Kantankerous

Re: Hairspray: Failed to parse UDF file record for file "VTS_02_0.BUP", UDF filesystem on disc seems to be corrupt.

Post by Kantankerous »

ah bummer. Yeah, I was pretty sure I did a good job cleaning it, but it had trouble being read on my DVD player for my TV too, so time to replace the disc.

thanks!