Background Music Plays but no vocals or dialog

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Bran84

Background Music Plays but no vocals or dialog

Post by Bran84 »

Using a LG BP50NB40 and I am copying an entire series on dvd. On season 4 there is music like the theme plays and everything but then when it goes to voices, dialog and talking it is completely silent? subtitles work also doesnt seem to be an issue with any other season. Anyone know what could be causing this on one season of an entire series collection DVD? I'm getting no errors and all audio tracks are selected.
Radiocomms237

Re: Background Music Plays but no vocals or dialog

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I'd guess the titles for that season have been formatted with the audio tracks out-of-order, it doesn't matter normally as the disc menu can pick 'n choose whatever tracks it wants, but when ripping you need to make the correct track the "Default".

Firstly, can we assume that the dialogue etc. plays normally in a home DVD player? (Which confirms that it's actually present.)

If so, then you just have to find out which audio track that is and set it as the default track.

Try playing the affected files in VLC MP (or the player of choice) and select different audio tracks until you find the appropriate one. Now open the file with MKVToolNix and make that track "Default".