Ripping the second movie of a double feature

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
anakin1138

Ripping the second movie of a double feature

Post by anakin1138 »

I'm new to Makemkv, and trying to rip a box set filled with double features discs. For several I've tried, I'm able to rip the first movie just fine, but the seeing and ripping the second movie is giving me trouble. For the second movie, I can see the track for the move when I open the DVD manually, but here's an example of the error when I trip to rip that track:

MakeMKV v1.17.5 win(x64-release) started

Using direct disc access mode

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB' at offset '0'

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.05 KLVN74D3917' at offset '0'

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB' at offset '0'

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.05 KLVN74D3917' at offset '0'

Open DVD manually : "5"

Cells 1-1 were removed from title start

Title #5 (1:22:22) was skipped due to navigation error

Failed to open disc

From what I've read on the forum, my sense is that this just may be a quirky formatted disc that isn't going to work with Makemkv, but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions of anything I should try.

Thanks for any advice.
dcoke22

Re: Ripping the second movie of a double feature

Post by dcoke22 »

Try gently cleaning the disc. Those errors generally indicated the optical drive was unable to correctly read the disc.