Anyone doing anything with these?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
DannyBoy999

Anyone doing anything with these?

Post by DannyBoy999 »

I submitted my first error log for a DVD mastering error against build 1.6.6 and have yet to see a workaround for that or any subsequent submission. Also I note there are no DVD mastering workarounds listed in any of the last 6 releases. I appreciate the program is still in beta, and probably has a whole bunch of other high severity fixes required, but the only time I've personally experienced any issues is with mastering errors, so it would be good too see these getting a little more priority if possible.

Please dont consider this criticism - MakeMKV is great and I've personally found it highly stable. However I have a modest DVD collection and have encountered at least half a dozen mastering errors so far (almost one per tv show) and having only ripped a small percentage of it I find myself wondering whether its worth doing the rest if I'm going to be stuck with dozens of random titles that I cant rip...
crowfax

Re: Anyone doing anything with these?

Post by crowfax »

resubmit the files and debug logs from 1.6.14. The latest has new/better information in the debug logs. Perhaps it will speed up the fix.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
DannyBoy999

Post by DannyBoy999 »

Thanks - though I think the fact that no mods or devs replied to this says it all really. Shame. :(
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

We are working on these. For example a quite big "hidden" feature ( http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/testdump.html ) was added recently to troubleshoot cases when log files were inadequate for various reasons. All submitted mastering errors should be fixed before 1.7.0 . If not, then I would ask for the updated testdump. Thanks for patience.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Would the testdump be of help to you on disks that think the main title is a "fake title", i.e., when opening the disk ignores the primary titles, but shows all the extras?

I'm referring to the two disks I've submitted reports on for each version since 1.6.3 or so, although I didn't do that for 1.6.14 yet...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Well, apparently the TESTDUMP debugging output doesn't kick in until you start to rip the disk. I set it up prior to opening one of the disks in question, but it generated no additional output. And, since the problem occurs during the opening scan, TESTDUMP won't help.

I'll resubmit the standard reports on these two disks through the "normal channels". I'd had a thread here on Fake Titles before that incident in July, but had not restarted it since.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DannyBoy999

Post by DannyBoy999 »

mike admin wrote:We are working on these. For example a quite big "hidden" feature ( http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/testdump.html ) was added recently to troubleshoot cases when log files were inadequate for various reasons. All submitted mastering errors should be fixed before 1.7.0 . If not, then I would ask for the updated testdump. Thanks for patience.
Good to know, thanks. I'll resubmit all my previous logs with the testdump.