Region Error?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Bryce1122

Region Error?

Post by Bryce1122 »

Ripping Blu-Rays has worked flawlessly for me. So good that I would buy MakeMKV even while it's in beta. However, I am not able to rip any dvds that I try. This error always shows up....

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION' occurred while reading 'BD-ROM MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ141AF 1.00' at offset '1048576'

Any Remedy?
Bryce1122

Re: Region Error?

Post by Bryce1122 »

Ok. Well, changing the dvd protection removal method from "auto" to "cellwalk" seemed to fix the problem.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Or you could try setting or changing the Region of your drive...

Bryce1122

Post by Bryce1122 »

I checked that before posting. The drive is set on the correct region. As I said, changing the preferences for DVD security off of "auto" allowed me to rip DVDs.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I checked that before posting.
Glad to hear that ;>}

lflfm

Post by lflfm »

Hi! I was getting the same error; but the workaround listed here didn't work. So I restarted the PC and it worked... go figure!
I'm just posting in case it helps anyone in the future
Here are some details:
- Canadian HP Envy laptop
- (European) External Salcar external bluray / DVD writer combo drive (connected with single USB 3.0, no extra power needed)
- Windows 10 pro

On the day that this problem happened; I started the PC without the external drive plugged in, when I restarted I left it plugged in.
I know that starting the pc with the drive plugged in is not required because I never do it; yesterday, after this problem happened I tried restarting just because the problem didn't make sense.