National Lampoon's Van Wilder Unrated Version

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
TLE0629

National Lampoon's Van Wilder Unrated Version

Post by TLE0629 »

I was trying to make an mkv file of this dvd. The dvd has both the fullscreen and widescreen versions on it. I used VideoLAN to see which title the widescreen was on and did the mkv off of that. The makemkv has two titles showing up:
title00 - id 4 - this one is fullscreen
title01 - id 5 - this one is 'supposed' to be widescreen.

However, when I copy to mkv, the title01 or id 5 still shows up being in fullscreen. So, I copied both titles and both of them are fullscreen. How is the dvd tricking MakeMKV?

I used another program and copied id 5 and lo and behold, the version is indeed widescreen.

Anyone else encounter the same problem? This is the 2 disc set - Artisan proof of purchase 12936.

Thanks
mike admin

Re: National Lampoon's Van Wilder Unrated Version

Post by mike admin »

Please send IFO files per /faq/item/8/catid/6 . Could it be that the second version is widescreen, but aspect ratio is wrong (skinny people)?
rlewandowski23

Post by rlewandowski23 »

I am having this exact same problem! Has this been figured out? Using MakeMKV 1.9.7.
rlewandowski23

Post by rlewandowski23 »

Below is the IFO files and the debug log (the forum upload was full so I used my dropbox). I ripped both the titles and they both ended up being full screen after being ripped. Hopefully, this can be fixed in a future version.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p9tg1gbqimiw ... gdeba?dl=0