Mockingjay Part 1 -

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jl8472

Mockingjay Part 1 -

Post by jl8472 »

Just purchased 'The Hunger Games' complete collection and the only disc I cannot copy is Mockingjay Part 1. I have done my Google-ing and found the correct .mpls, thanks to @woodmtw in this post https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 5&start=45.
But whenever I try to run it I get this error:

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00508.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 138639360-138645504, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00508.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 140347392-140353536, attempting to work around
..... (goes forever)

As soon as it gets to 508.m2ts that's where it freaks out. I tried some of the other files (since there are hundreds) and no matter the order it errors out at 508.m2ts. The disc plays fine on a regular player.

I've never had this problem with any other disc, ever, plus it was new out of box when I tried to rip it originally. Software or hardware? Help.

Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Mockingjay Part 1 -

Post by Woodstock »

Have you cleaned the disk yet? Yes, seriously. Clean the fresh-from-the-box disk with a clean, damp, soft cotton or microfiber cloth.

As for the play list on Lionsgate disks, some of them will point to invalid areas of the disk. Since the correct play list varies with the "lot" a disk was manufactured in, it is possible you got the wrong one.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jl8472

Post by jl8472 »

Hey Woodstock, thanks for the reply.

I thoroughly cleaned the disk, and failed again. I created a log file but it's too big to attach to the post.

Is it possible that 00508.m2ts is an invalid sector even though it is in every version of the disk?

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to give up.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I really don't know; I only own a couple of Lionsgate disks, and I was able to find the right playlist for them myself with help from one of the obfuscation videos. But I uninstalled the required BD player software because it tried to update my drive's firmware without permission. I reverted to my original "do not buy Lionsgate titles" after that.

I do know that, prior to that, I had error similar read errors when I played a Lionsgate DVD in VLC a couple of years ago.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Could it be the specific disc itself has mastering errors or the drive has problems? See here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055

Since others seem to have ripped it successfully (I don't have the movie myself so cannot speak from direct experience), and you've tried cleaning it with no success, I'd suggest replacing your copy, see how that goes.
bhlackey

Post by bhlackey »

jl8472 I am having the same issue. Wondering if this is intentional. Did you ever get this working?
krizzz

Post by krizzz »

Same issue here. Did anyone get this to rip correctly?