www.makemkv.com

MakeMKV support forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 55
Woodstock wrote:
Are you working from the disk itself, and image of the disk, or a backup of it?


I am looking in the folders the unencrypted backup created? I also looked at the size of the stream folder and its ~45Gbytes, so not sure how much this will get compressed? I only get 15G with google drive.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 4601
Ah, by the time you copy it to a drive, some of the information needed is already changed. Although Mike says in the linked topic on page 1 that the information HE needs to update the program can come from a backup...

_________________
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 55
I still have the original disc, so what do I need to do - just make a backup but uncheck "decrypt"? Also the compressing of the stream folder isn't making it any smaller (as video can't be compressed much). Is uploading 45Gbytes the only option? Google drive won't let me upload a file that large, so what's the next best free option?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 4601
Insert the disk, then click the big (sometimes spinning) button to "open" the disk.

After some churning, you should get a list of titles you can save, and, toward the top of the list, you SHOULD find one that has (FPL_Main_Playlist) next to it. That's the one you want to save as an MKV file. You can decide what audio and other options you want in it.

(how to select audio tracks, if you haven't played with that yet, is covered here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405 )

_________________
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 55
See my earlier post (on page 1 of this thread now) with the output from "open disk". Nothing in there with FPL_Main_Playlist.

Woodstock wrote:
Insert the disk, then click the big (sometimes spinning) button to "open" the disk.

After some churning, you should get a list of titles you can save, and, toward the top of the list, you SHOULD find one that has (FPL_Main_Playlist) next to it. That's the one you want to save as an MKV file. You can decide what audio and other options you want in it.

(how to select audio tracks, if you haven't played with that yet, is covered here: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405 )


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:13 am
Posts: 1
The redbox version the correct playlist is 435?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 55
Did you actually watch the whole movie on playlist 435? Or how did you get that? BdInfo shows playlist 435 as 2:07:56 in length while all the others are 2:06:56. On these obfuscated titles they always do a playlist that is a bit longer since most software picks the longest playlist as the correct one, even though in this case it is probably not correct.

Surgepalace wrote:
The redbox version the correct playlist is 435?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:09 am
Posts: 15
Surgepalace wrote:
The redbox version the correct playlist is 435?


435 shows (SPBD Copy Disclaimer Playlist) 2:07:56
Segment map: 511,3980,506,505,504,508,510,513,501,503,512,515,502,509,507,514

515 shows (FPL_MainFeature) 2:06:56
Segment map: 511,507,501,506,515,510,514,505,503,504,513,508,502,512,509

nothing confirmed yet


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 55
I have the netflix version and 515 shows the same segment map as your redbox version, so maybe that's the one ...

richhlo1021 wrote:
Surgepalace wrote:
The redbox version the correct playlist is 435?


435 shows (SPBD Copy Disclaimer Playlist) 2:07:56
Segment map: 511,3980,506,505,504,508,510,513,501,503,512,515,502,509,507,514

515 shows (FPL_MainFeature) 2:06:56
Segment map: 511,507,501,506,515,510,514,505,503,504,513,508,502,512,509

nothing confirmed yet


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 55
OK I just verified playlist 515 is the correct one for netflix and should be the correct one for redbox version too. I verified the start of each chapter with the actual disc vs the tsmuxer output of the playlist.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm
Posts: 5
Anyone know the playlist/title for the retail?

My makemkv used to show the MainTitle or whatever descriptors with Java, but for some reason the last few have not been showing it. I am not sure if it is encryption type or if my Java is not cooperating.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm
Posts: 9
Retail sequence verified 05 Dec 2017:

Title information
Name: The Glass Castle (2017)
Source file name: 00967.mpls
Duration: 2:06:56
Chapters count: 16
Size: 36.1 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 511,507,504,502,514,512,515,503,501,509,510,505,513,508,506
File name: The_Glass_Castle_(2017).mkv


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Woodstock
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 2
Have you finally caught on that MKV DOES NOT DETECT THE MAIN TITLE MORE THAN 90% OF THE TIME! It is nearly useless.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 4601
Theresa_N wrote:
Have you finally caught on that MKV DOES NOT DETECT THE MAIN TITLE MORE THAN 90% OF THE TIME! It is nearly useless.

If you have examples where it isn't working, have you provided the information requested by the author to improve recognition? Or do you just whine about it? The link to how to submit information is on the first page of this topic...

My experience is that it has a 100% hit rate, but that's only on a half-dozen titles; I avoid Lionsgate stuff where possible.

And I see a lot of messages from people asking questions when they don't even have possession of the disk yet, so they haven't TRIED.

_________________
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 2
Woodstock wrote:
Theresa_N wrote:
Have you finally caught on that MKV DOES NOT DETECT THE MAIN TITLE MORE THAN 90% OF THE TIME! It is nearly useless.

If you have examples where it isn't working, have you provided the information requested by the author to improve recognition? Or do you just whine about it? The link to how to submit information is on the first page of this topic...

My experience is that it has a 100% hit rate, but that's only on a half-dozen titles; I avoid Lionsgate stuff where possible.

And I see a lot of messages from people asking questions when they don't even have possession of the disk yet, so they haven't TRIED.


Well, I have tried and it doesn't work. It's obvious from other posts that it doesn't work for other's either. I have my java program identified and it still doesn't work. Perhaps it only works on two systems, your's and makemkv's.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group