The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 2015 US Release Blu-ray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Batiatus

Re: The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 2015 US Release Blu-r

Post by Batiatus »

I hve a 3D disc and every single segment map starts with 614/603. Haven't seen anyone post their findings for this yet.

Man Lionsgate must waste so much time and money doing this just to try and frustrate people who still figure it out anyways. Such a waste.
andi219

Post by andi219 »

So it doesn´t wonder that we have to get a new Blueray-Player every year because the old one doesn´t work with the newest Blueray protections.Copying our bluerays with a program like makemkv is the only way to watch this protectet movies.
I copied Mockingjay 2 successful by clicking on the drive symbol after starting makemkv and choose title one.I dont know which is the right playlist when you make a full disc backup.
shamanjoe

Post by shamanjoe »

I just wanted to add a quick thanks. I had a hell of a time ripping the Mockingjay Part 2 REDBOX blu-ray, and after testing a couple of suggestions here, it seems like 134.mpls was the winner for that version. Thanks!
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

andi219 wrote:So it doesn´t wonder that we have to get a new Blueray-Player every year because the old one doesn´t work with the newest Blueray protections.
You can't be serious. I've not run into that issue.
divine01

Post by divine01 »

Ok, In case no one else came across this...This will definitely come in handy for cases where Procmon does not give you what you need. (as in the case with this release)

https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7680

The basic gist is,

1. Determine the run time for your blu Ray.
2. Eliminate any .mpls that don't have that run-time.
3. Use MakeMKV to "Backup" the bluray. Choose the decrypt video option.
4. Move all the files that appear in every segment map to a separate folder (I copied the mpls numbers to excel to make sure I didn't miss any)
5. Typically, the start point will be the same segment number across all the mpls files. Find the next one by playing the end of the current one, and then the beginning of the next file until you find the right sequence. (go through all of them if you cannot easily find the next scene)
6. Now you should have 2 correct segments...Eliminate all the mpls files that do not have these first 2. Then find you next video, eliminate and so on.

The entire process (outside of the initial backup of the video files) took me maybe 15 minutes. So for cases where there are hundreds of potential mpls files, and procmon doesn't narrow it down to the correct one, this is an alternative way to get it done.

Hope this helps.
BTW-My MPLS file was 00428 in case anybody was curious.
BrennerM

Post by BrennerM »

I have the Canadian version and did the legwork (backup, then look through the individual M2TS files) to find that 00706.mpls seems to be the correct playlist to use.

Title information
Name: Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Source file name: 00706.mpls
Duration: 2:16:57
Chapters count: 16
Size: 28.5 GB
Segment count: 18
Segment map: 510,503,517,513,520,501,519,505,504,508,506,512,509,507,514,515,516,518
tomg66

Post by tomg66 »

I have the retail blu-ray (+ digital HD) there is no UPC on the package that I can see. I assume it's the US release because I bought it at BestBuy in Utah. I've tried the different MPLS files described here (00706, 00600), and I've not found one that works, so I wrote a little bash script to search the MPLS files for the segment maps described in this thread, and I found that none of the files had a matching segment map. So..... as far as I can tell, there is still no way to know what the correct MPLS file is. But somewhere on the disk there has to be something that can programatically determine the correct MPLS to play. Any hints what this might be? i'm guessing it has to be something java related, because there is so much of that contained on the disk. Any ideas what it might be? Perhaps I could write something to do this automatically so there is no guesswork for any of the versions of the Lions Gate disks in the future.

Tom
E2theC

Post by E2theC »

I know I am several years late getting to this, but I wanted to let you know that I believe MPLS 628 is correct for an unknown store-bought BD:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 24407136 sectors (47670 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: MOCKINGJAY_2
Media is not AACS protected.
Java BD protection good playlists: 628
Bad sector protection not found.