Olympus has Fallen UK

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
AWR27

Olympus has Fallen UK

Post by AWR27 »

Trying to open Olympus has Fallen (UK)

I get the following:

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:UNRECOVERED READ ERROR' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'IoKit:IOBDServices:39726b33daaf2687:TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506CB TS02'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Highest AACS version is v50 , MKB saved as /Users/andrewrae/Library/MakeMKV/MKB_v50_HOBBIT_BATTLE_OF_FIVE_ARMIES.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

Not sure about the Hobbit bit? It is a disk I have opened in the past.

Andrew
Woodstock

Re: Olympus has Fallen UK

Post by Woodstock »

This is a case where a read error early in the process is causing problems with decoding the disk, and MakeMKV falls back to not being able to validate its decryption. Check the hub area for dirt or possible "other issues" (I've seen disks with air bubbles in their central areas, fresh from the factory).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
AWR27

Post by AWR27 »

Thanks for your help.

I gave the disc a clean - no help.
I popped it into my standalone Sony Blu-ray player - it worked (I have watched this film a few times before).
I put it back into the Samsung player attached to my mac and it worked!

Luck?

Andrew
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Possibly luck. Personally, I hate optical media... too many things that can go wrong with it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
electronicsguy

Post by electronicsguy »

I have had this problem with numerous discs. It's not solvable. There's something wrong in the tracks which makemkv refuses to overlook. People (including me) have requested the author numerous times to make makemkv a little more tolerant of errors and just skip over errors and continue, like a movie player. But there's no word on if and when that would be implemented.

If there's a scratched/bad press disc of a 2 hour movie, I'd rather lose, say 3-4 minutes and have the remaining video than nothing at all.