The Revenant

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Akrav

Re: The Revenant

Post by Akrav »

Sadly I have the same problem with italian blu ray version of the movie.

I have the current release and "Allow contacting web server for updates" enabled.
Just sent the dump to svq@makemkv.com, hoping for the fix.

Thanks.
JayPy

Post by JayPy »

Here the same problem withe the german BD+ of "The Revenant".

I've sent in the dumb on 8th May and also hope for help ;)

Greetings from Germany
JayPy
JayPy

Post by JayPy »

I don't want to stress anyone - just a question from a newbie: how long does it normaly take to fix such a BD+ Problem? :)
Akrav

Post by Akrav »

Done! Today I tried again and MakeMKV is working with a new 0000019c.svq.

Thanks for the good job!
JayPy

Post by JayPy »

Sorry, but the german BD+ still makes the same problems... :(
Toby2k

Post by Toby2k »

The same here, german version still doesn't work. i've sent the dumpfile to svq@.....com

Thanks
JayPy

Post by JayPy »

Yesss!!! With the new disc-specific SVQ 0000019d.svq the german BD+ works. great job, thanx a lot! :thumb:
karotten-gmbh

Post by karotten-gmbh »

JayPy wrote:Yesss!!! With the new disc-specific SVQ 0000019d.svq the german BD+ works. great job, thanx a lot! :thumb:
Hello, where i can get the SVQ File 0000019d.svq? or simple download the actual Beta, because i dont see a different in ther Versioninfo in same month?

greetings bugs bunny
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Downloading SVQ files is automatic, IF you allow them.

Preferences->General, "Allow contacting web server for updates" must be checked, and your firewall needs to allow the MakeMKV executable files to contact makemkv.com.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
karotten-gmbh

Post by karotten-gmbh »

Woodstock wrote:Downloading SVQ files is automatic, IF you allow them.

Preferences->General, "Allow contacting web server for updates" must be checked, and your firewall needs to allow the MakeMKV executable files to contact makemkv.com.
THX
karotten-gmbh

Post by karotten-gmbh »

Woodstock wrote:Downloading SVQ files is automatic, IF you allow them.

I have checked my user directory/mkv, but i cant found the 0000019d.svq. I have the free beta version and can not update manually, is there a way or i must wait to new version?

greetings bugs bunny
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Generally speaking, MakeMKV doesn't keep SVQ files longer than they're needed, because (also generally speaking) each new version incorporates the SVQ data into default set.

If you have debug logging turned on, your log will show when a disk-specific SVQ is used, like this:
Processing BD+ code using disc-specific SVQ from C:\makemkv/00000197.svq.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
troyBORG

Post by troyBORG »

Just wondering for anyone ripping the English version, did it rip really slowly for you?
Mine says Read Speed 8.5 M/s (2x). But its already been 55min and says 17min left. 23,450M copied.
AdamB5000

Post by AdamB5000 »

Sorry to bump this old topic. New to the forum. First post.

I had trouble ripping the US Bluray version of The Revenant the last few days. I've tried multiple times (never changed a setting between attempts). I have the basic free trial version. When it expires it directs me to download the latest version and it extends my trial.

Is it time I stop being a cheapa** and pay for this great piece of software? I thought maybe this would help it, but I'm going to pay the license anyway because I've already ripped so many of my discs. The people behind this software have definitely earned my money.

Thanks, everyone.

-edit-

I just read a sticky about what could cause errors, etc. I'm not sure of the exact error report I received. It's all possible this is just either a faulty disc on some level or whatever else. I'll do more research about error reports and see if I can't help myself problem solve. I just know that I finally threw in the towel last night because it was taking so long. My last attempt I actually canceled because I wanted to go to bed. After 50 minutes of ripping and wanted to be present for the result, the green bar was only like 3/5 done and I wanted bed.

I'm definitely a basic user. I like software but know little about it. In my alternate life I may be a software developer. :)
AdamB5000

Post by AdamB5000 »

It was a hashcheck error. I read about it. Sorry for bumping an old topic.

/errors/hashcheck/