Zootopia has 3 possible titles

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
lancorp

Zootopia has 3 possible titles

Post by lancorp »

Anyone tried the Redbox version of Zootopia? Seems there are 3 titles (00800, 00801 and 00802) that are almost identical.
sippelmc

Re: Zootopia has 3 possible titles

Post by sippelmc »

Retail copy is the same - three titles. Hopefully I get time this weekend to figure it out.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Almost identical because they differ in the title and credit screens.

800 is English.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
lancorp

Post by lancorp »

Woodstock wrote:Almost identical because they differ in the title and credit screens.

800 is English.
Thank you. I noticed on the 800 that the segment map is sequential, but the other two are not. Not that it means anything, but it seemed to stand-out.
BrophR

Post by BrophR »

I can't get Zootopia to MKV either. The only files I can select are previews and a behind the scene. The feature is not available to MKV.

Title #1 (1:48:26) was skipped due to navigation error
Complex multiplex encountered - 24 cells and 2436 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #2 (1:48:38) was skipped due to navigation error
Title #3 was added (1 cell(s), 0:04:59)
Title #4 was added (3 cell(s), 0:02:52)
Title #5 has length of 20 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 20 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #9 has length of 32 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #10 was added (2 cell(s), 0:02:15)
Title #11 has length of 32 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #12 has length of 16 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #12/1 has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #13 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #16 has length of 32 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #17 was added (1 cell(s), 0:03:21)
Operation successfully completed
Saving 4 titles into directory
sippelmc

Post by sippelmc »

It was the first title for me. The other two as noted before have different language credits. You can tell by looking at the "Disney Presents" about 50 seconds in which has the graphic displayed in different languages for each title (the first being in English).
taylorwmj

Post by taylorwmj »

Use PowerDVD & procmon. Only way to know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kahasm

Post by kahasm »

I was able to rip both dvd and bluray with 1 minor issue on both rips.

All text banners, signs, opening credit ( from disney ), and other misc signs in-movie are all in spanish and all audio is in english. Other than that, it works fine.

i'd upload image showing examples but seems board attachment quota has been reached
taylorwmj

Post by taylorwmj »

kahasm wrote: All text banners, signs, opening credit ( from disney ), and other misc signs in-movie are all in spanish and all audio is in english. Other than that, it works fine.
Disney is known to have different versions of the main movie file for onscreen text and credits. This can be handled the same was as playlist obfuscation is handled by using PowerDVD and Procmon to determine the correct version of the movie to extract.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

This subject is raised with every new Disney release.
Seems like a "Stickie" might be in order?

Disney release = 800
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

taylorwmj wrote:Disney is known to have different versions of the main movie file for onscreen text and credits. This can be handled the same was as playlist obfuscation is handled by using PowerDVD and Procmon to determine the correct version of the movie to extract.
For Disney, all you need is the free BDInfo program to look at the three play lists and then look at the appropriate m2ts file to see which one is English. But, as mentioned, even that isn't necessary as 800 is the normal English version.
cboshdave

Post by cboshdave »

So, I get that I am a brand new user here. This is my first attempt. But, I find file 800, and when i run the app, I get the following error.
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00301.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 214493184, attempting to work around (bunch of these)
Failed to save title 0 to file F:/Video/Zootopia/Zootopia_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

I just installed MakeMKV and then ran it. Did I miss a step here?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Zootopia title 800 worked fine for me, so I would guess that this is an issue with your copy. You might try cleaning it; even a slight film on the disk can cause read problems like this.

That point in the rip would be in the part of the movie that is common to all versions.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
redstang

Post by redstang »

cboshdave wrote:So, I get that I am a brand new user here. This is my first attempt. But, I find file 800, and when i run the app, I get the following error.
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00301.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 214493184, attempting to work around (bunch of these)
Failed to save title 0 to file F:/Video/Zootopia/Zootopia_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

I just installed MakeMKV and then ran it. Did I miss a step here?
This has happened to me on quite a few discs, and there is no solution other than trying another disc or another BR drive. I think this error is simply that your blu-ray drive cannot read the disc correctly for whatever unknown reason. Sometimes an un-rippable disc will not play in my Sony blu-ray player either (at which point I assume the disc is defective), but then the next disc that gives me trouble on my computer will play fine in the player. I have the full Bond set on blu-ray, and neither of my computer's two BR drives could read two of the discs. I took them over to a friend's place and his BR player could read one of them but not the other. I wish I knew why, some discs are just finicky.