No Audio when ripping discs

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JosephPar

No Audio when ripping discs

Post by JosephPar »

I am not getting any audio when I rip bluray discs. This just started happening on newer releases. Any thoughts?
Woodstock

Re: No Audio when ripping discs

Post by Woodstock »

Try playing with a more advanced player - Windows Media Player can't handle some audio Codecs found on Bluray. VLC can handle more. It will also allow you to see what tracks are there in the MKV file.

You can also use the FLAC profile (have to have "Expert mode" turned on to access profiles) to convert many codecs to something more portable.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
JosephPar

Post by JosephPar »

I have a Dune Media Player. I have not had a problem in the past. I have like 100 movies ripped in the last 16 months and just until the last 30 days movies started to get no audio. The latest movies that did not work are the Revenant, The 33, Southpaw, etc. Any other thoughts?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What does Dune show for available audio tracks in its audio menu? Some players deal with particular types of track only as "pass through to HDMI". Their spec sheet says they support FLAC, so converting tracks to FLAC in MakeMKV with the FLAC profile IS an option for you.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging