Poldark season 2 - Playlist obfuscation

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
cyrano

Poldark season 2 - Playlist obfuscation

Post by cyrano »

I purchased Poldark season 2 blu-ray (3-disc set) and each disk contains hundreds of playlists. I only want to rip the individual episodes for use in my PLEX server. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Even purchased PowerDVD 16 Ultra and used it with Systernals Process Monitor - no luck. Tried using MPLS Finder - no luck. How can I find the 3 or 4 actual playlists (for episodes) on each disk? Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have the lifetime purchased version of MakeMKV - version 1.10.2

EDIT # 2: It appears I have submitted this post in the wrong section; it probably should be in Blu-ray Error Reports. I do not know how to move this and don't want to double post. Thanks for any help.
cyrano

Re: Poldark season 2 - Playlist obfuscation

Post by cyrano »

Mike - Thank you for moving this post. I have done the MakeMKV Backup of all 3 disks in the Poldark Season 2 set. in your reply to my post, you indicated:
"Delete (or move to some other location) two folders from the backup - STREAM and BDSVM. Alternatively delete all M2TS, SSIF and SVM files."

When viewing the Backup directory structure, "STREAM" is a subfolder under "BDSVM". If I delete "BDSVM", many other subfolders will also be deleted. Please clarify which folders I should delete, prior to compressing and sending. Thank you.
n3IVI0

Post by n3IVI0 »

Here are the correct MPLS for each disk:

D1: 205, 988, 990
D2: 860, 733, 316, 697
D3: 965, 898, 482

Verified working.
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

n3IVI0 - Fantastic. Thank you very much. If you don't mind my asking, did you use MakeMKV to figure these out? Thanks again. cyrano
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

n3IVI0 -

I ripped Poldark S2 using the playlists you posted. Tried watching it yesterday and by Episode 5, realized they were in wrong order and the episodes themselves were mixed up. To anyone else using these playlists, be aware they are not correct for the version purchased via Amazon, with UPC 841887029247. (ITV, Mammoth Screen, Masterpiece, PBS, WGBH icons on bottom of back cover.

If anyone has successfully ripped these and has correct playlists, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you. Cyrano
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

cyrano wrote:n3IVI0 -

I ripped Poldark S2 using the playlists you posted. Tried watching it yesterday and by Episode 5, realized they were in wrong order and the episodes themselves were mixed up. To anyone else using these playlists, be aware they are not correct for the version purchased via Amazon, with UPC 841887029247. (ITV, Mammoth Screen, Masterpiece, PBS, WGBH icons on bottom of back cover.

If anyone has successfully ripped these and has correct playlists, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you. Cyrano
I believe that the playlists posted are for Region 1/A, USA and that matches the UPC code.

I just tested with AnyDVD using the blu-ray I bought and received this...

Total size: 21262912 sectors (41529 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: POLDARK S2 DISC 1
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 62
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): A
Removed Sony structural copy protection!
Java BD protection good playlists: 205, 990, 988

It copies it correct, but don't just assume that title 205 is episode 1. It could be episode 2 or 3.
michaelt

Post by michaelt »

n3IVI0 wrote:Here are the correct MPLS for each disk:

D1: 205, 988, 990
D2: 860, 733, 316, 697
D3: 965, 898, 482

Verified working.
I am late to the game but I can say these MPLS are correct.

Only the order needed updating: Disc #1 should be: 205, 990, 988.

I did not parallel-play Disc & Extract but the times, beginning & end sequences were checked and are correct.

Thanx for the help.

- m
Mac Pro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS X ElCapitan 10.11.6 (15G1212)
32 GB Memory, 20+TB disk