Harry Potter 2 - Chamber Secreets (Won't Load)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
salesmerlin

Harry Potter 2 - Chamber Secreets (Won't Load)

Post by salesmerlin »

Greetings,
Can anyone tell me if they know of a solution for this problem...
Completed saving the files on the Blu-Ray Disc for Harry Potter 2 - Chamber of Secrets, but the main movie file will not play (load).
Everything from the MKV front seems to have gone off without a hitch; just can't get the file to play.
Thank you in advance for any support (advice) anyone may be able to suggest.
SalesMerlin
salesmerlin

Re: Harry Potter 2 - Chamber Secreets (Won't Load)

Post by salesmerlin »

Update...
Probably should have mentioned that I am using XMBC for playback, and that I don't see the customary image (jpg) - but only the film strip image.
Seems to also be the case for Harry Potter 3 - Prisoner of Azkaban.
Thanks for reading.
SMerlin
skittle

Post by skittle »

Hi, are the MKV's VC-1? please post output of mediainfo.
salesmerlin

Post by salesmerlin »

So sorry, I'm sure that I'm noobing it, but...
When should I look to find out if they are VC-1?
Is this under MKV program preferences, the properties of the actual MKV file, or somewhere else?
Thanks for the support
skittle

Post by skittle »

Hi, install this:
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Then open file, then post output here.
salesmerlin

Post by salesmerlin »

FrameRate_Mode/String;Video 0 FrameRate_Mode_Original/String;Video 0 FrameRate/String;Video 0 FrameRate_Original/String;Video 0 FrameRate_Minimum/String;Video 0 FrameRate_Nominal/String;Video 0 FrameRate_Maximum/String;Video 0 Standard;Video 0 ColorSpace;Video 0 ChromaSubsampling;Video 0 BitDepth/String;Video 0 ScanType/String;Video 0 ScanOrder/String;Video 0 Bits-(Pixel*Frame);Video 0 StreamSize/String;Video 0 Alignment;Video 0 Title;Video 0 Encoded_Application;Video 0 Encoded_Library/String;Video 0 Encoded_Library_Settings;Video 0 Language/String;Video 0 Language_More;Video 0 Encoded_Date;Video 0 Tagged_Date;Video 0 Encryption
;;E:\Videos 4TB\Harry Potter Movies\Harry Potter 2\title00.mkv;Matroska;;;;;;;;;;160 MiB;5mn 30s;;;;4 052 Kbps;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;UTC 2010-06-19 11:50:18;;;;;;;MakeMKV v1.5.6 beta win(x64-release);libmakemkv v1.5.6 beta (0.7.7/0.8.1) win(x64-release);;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;VC-1;;;;AP@L3;;;;;;;;;;;;;;WVC1;;Microsoft;;5mn 30s;;;3 971 Kbps;;;;1 920 pixels;;1 080 pixels;;16:9;;;;;23.976 fps;;;;;;;4:2:0;8 bits;Progressive;;0.080;156 MiB (98%)
skittle

Post by skittle »

yup, VC-1. thats probably why xbmc is barfing on it.

does it play on a recent build of mplayer?
salesmerlin

Post by salesmerlin »

Mplayer? is that MicroSoft Player, or something else? I haven't tried that, but will. Any thoughts on how to fix the VC-1?
Icanseestars

Post by Icanseestars »

Something looks wrong there unless I'm mistaken it looks like the video is only 160MB in size & that is not right, whats the file size say in windows explorer ?

XBMC does play VC-1 in MKV, I have Batman Begins ripped this way and it does play.