Can't Rip Suicide Squad

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
xandermoses88

Can't Rip Suicide Squad

Post by xandermoses88 »

Hey guys, I'm trying to rip Suicide Squad Extended, and Theatrical, but for some reason the blu-rays won't load. The disc read fine in my PS4 when I screened it last night, but my computer seems to be having trouble reading it. When it DOES read it MakeMKV goes through the long error messages from previous threads. I let it go for a couple of hours before it finally crashed.

Should I just replace the disc? Is this a software issue?

Both the extended and the theatrical blu-rays are having the exact same issue.
yorgo

Re: Can't Rip Suicide Squad

Post by yorgo »

Need more information, please post a log of the specifi error you're seeing (see /faq/item/8 on how to do this). Also, start with this thread: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055.
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

I've already gone through that thread. Those are the error messages I was referring too. I'll see if i can get the logs.
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

Here's the error messages I get.
Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '41600262144'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '14738159616'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '15939028992'
Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00042.m2ts' at offset '43904206848'
Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00018.m2ts' at offset '56709120'

I'm currently still running the prog so more messages are popping up but they're all pretty much the same.
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

I'm going to try getting a replacement.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Those errors look a lot like the errors from an "over speed and under powered incident" on a USB-powered drive; the drive reinitialized itself in the middle of the rip.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

Woodstock wrote:Those errors look a lot like the errors from an "over speed and under powered incident" on a USB-powered drive; the drive reinitialized itself in the middle of the rip.
What's weird though is that I've ripped blu-rays before with no issue. It's just these two (BvS & SS).
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

As long as the drive stays within a speed range that the available power supports, you won't see errors.

Watch the rip speed on those disks. Before the failure, is it getting up close to the rated speed of the drive? That is, if the drive is rated at 12x, is it reading progressively closer to that, just before the failure?

Does the failure always occur a the same offset?

Of course, internal SATA drives usually won't experience this, but external USB will see it on long rips as you get closer to the outside of the disk.
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

Woodstock wrote:As long as the drive stays within a speed range that the available power supports, you won't see errors.

Watch the rip speed on those disks. Before the failure, is it getting up close to the rated speed of the drive? That is, if the drive is rated at 12x, is it reading progressively closer to that, just before the failure?

Does the failure always occur a the same offset?

Of course, internal SATA drives usually won't experience this, but external USB will see it on long rips as you get closer to the outside of the disk.

Where do I go to look at the rip speed?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

When the rip is running, the top of the screen has the "Information" box. Fourth line is "Read rate:", just above "Output file:"
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

Woodstock wrote:When the rip is running, the top of the screen has the "Information" box. Fourth line is "Read rate:", just above "Output file:"
I don't see what you're talking about. I'll screenshot what I'm seeing.

Update:
The site won't let me add my screen shots, not even in a new post. Tells me, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

I just researched my drive, because the speed isn't written on it anywhere and I couldn't remember. For some reason I bought a 6x. I guess I figured I wasn't writing so time wasn't really a factor. If we find out for sure that speed is a problem I'll be upgrading lol.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Since I had a new drive to test out, I got this screen shot of the current Windows version of MakeMKV, showing the read rate:

xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

Woodstock wrote:Since I had a new drive to test out, I got this screen shot of the current Windows version of MakeMKV, showing the read rate:

I'm on Mac and it doesn't show those options. I only see "Source" and "Parsing File."
xandermoses88

Post by xandermoses88 »

xandermoses88 wrote:
Woodstock wrote:Since I had a new drive to test out, I got this screen shot of the current Windows version of MakeMKV, showing the read rate:

I'm on Mac and it doesn't show those options. I only see "Source" and "Parsing File."

I just realized WHY I don't see those...your photo is from the actual ripping process. I haven't gotten that far yet. The program is still in the decrypting phase before it allows you to choose which titles you want to rip. I'm starting to think that the drive is too slow. Kingsglaive is having the same issue as SS and BvS. I got my replacements today and the exact same issues are still happening. I'm thinking it might be a drive issue. I'm going to get a faster drive that uses external power.